XBMC Live Hangs on Boot
Question 
I've tried using the Live CD as well as installing it to HD but every time it loads it gets to:

* Starting Hardware abstraction layer hald [OK]
* Checking battery state... [OK]
/dev/sda:
setting Advanced Power Management level to Oxfe (254) [OK]

and just stops loading. Any ideas? :confused2:
System specifics if it helps at all:

Old Dell Inspiron I had layin' around--
P4 2.8Ghz w/ 2GB Ram
~40GB HD
nVidia FX5200 256mb

I'm obviously unlearned in the ways of Linux, so I'm not really sure how to proceed from this point. Any sort of advice would be greatly appreciated!
I had the same error on my Asrock ION 330 after running "aptitude update". After searching google I found out that there were new NVIDIA drivers available. So I tried updating the drivers by using a howto written by "alanwww1" at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55543

After doing this I could boot my machine without any problems using XBMC Live. Hope this works out for you too!
I'm having the same problem, the graphics card i am using is a nvidia geforce4 mx 4000. I downloaded the drivers for the card from the nvidia website but still the same problem. is there anything else i can try
theboytony Wrote:I'm having the same problem, the graphics card i am using is a nvidia geforce4 mx 4000. I downloaded the drivers for the card from the nvidia website but still the same problem. is there anything else i can try

I have the same problem and the same graphics card! I can wait for a fix but i'm really interested to know how this card will handle 1080p in linux with gpu acceleration so if you do get it working Tony let me know! I'm probably expecting too much?

Forgive me if this is off topic im new to the forum and looked for a way to send a PM!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live Hangs on Boot0