Playing Music
Hi guys,

I am running XBMC Babylon on Apple Mac OSX and have imported my Itunes library.

I have a problem getting music to play using the default paplayer i.e when i click on play for a song it does nothing.

So then I use the context menu and i get an option saying Play using...

When i click on that i get PAPLAYER (DEFAULT), DVD PLAYER, EXTERNAL PLAYER.

If i select paplayer then nothing happens, if i select dvdplayer the music plays. This means i have to manually select this everytime i want to play a song.

Can you advise how i can get paplayer working or how i can change the default player to dvdplayer.
To make dvdplayer default, make a file called advancedsettings.xml and put it in your UserData folder. The contents of advancedsettings.xml should be:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
However it might be an idea to establish why music is not playing in the proper fashion as it were, are these standard music files encoded an normal bit rates or are they hidef stuff?
It would help alot if you could provide a full Debug Log when trying to play the file through paplayer and perhaps even a segment of the file which your experience problems with.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Music0