Software HDD Activity Light for XBMC
hello all,
first of all, please excuse my green-ness. i apologize if this idea has already been kicked around (or out) before, but through my searches i haven't been able to find any other such requests - here or otherwise for this feature. so, i thought i'd bring it up and see what everyone else thinks.

in the more traditional style pc world there already exist programs to accomplish this. here for example: http://www.oo-software.com/en/products/oodl/index.html

through software, your hdd activity is displayed through a gui. for xbmc i think this could be pretty handy when data is moving in and out of the box and you can't hear the drive crunching over the whir of the fan. aside from that i think it would be just plain cool! Smile

just imagine all the ways such an interface could be skinned. users could have a neon tube flickering, progress bar shooting from one end to the other and back (like a du meter), an led look, lightning bolt, fan blades that change rpm, etc.

ideally, the interface would be movable and hideable throughout xbmc and (depending on plausibility) would not have to be limited to just hd activity, but could represent network traffic, dvd-rom access, or whatever else is desired.

anyway, i just thought i'd toss that out there and see what people think. would this be do-able? would anyone else like something like this in xbmc? thanks for reading and feedback you may have.
me likes the idea Smile Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Software HDD Activity Light for XBMC0