Scrolling through Albums
hi all,

firstly, xbmc is reall a great program, and its so good that there are new updates all the time. this does mean, however, that my current version is about 3 weeks out of date, so it is possible that these have been implemented, although i did have a look. if so- forgive me!

when scrolling through a long list using the remote, it takes ages, unlike with the controllers which have page up and page down functions. i have not been able to find these buttons on the remote (maybe im just a muppet...).

also, is there a volume control on the remote like on the controllers?

if not, i was going to suggest that buttons 1 and 3 be used for page up / down
and 4 and 6 for volume control.

my last suggestion is with regards to the visualisations. the fountain is good, and there is one other which is great (cant think of the name, but im sure you know which one).
would it be possible to create a "chill out" mix of visualisations please, which uses only visualisations which are slow moving, and very dim. ie. no bright flashes etc.

this would be great for listening in a dark room with mates while chatting as i do very often.

cheers.

kv
as for pageup/pagedown and volume up/volume down, this can be done in keymap.xml.

one thing you have to watch out for is to remove the remote_0 -- remote_9 tags from the <general> section as you can only have one action assigned to a button in each section.

this isn't much of an issue as they're not used much anyway.

one thing you might want to do is move the remote_0 -- remote_9 tags into the virtual keyboard section - that way you will still have the nice mobile phone style entry method.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ sep. 09 2004,11:13 Wrote:one thing you might want to do is move the remote_0 -- remote_9 tags into the virtual keyboard section - that way you will still have the nice mobile phone style entry method.
dang- great idea!

maybe this should changed in cvs keymap.xml?

maybe i'm being thick here- but i can't see the need for them in the <global> section if it were mapped to the keyboard? :lookaround:
it's also used in:

fullscreen vid (to jump to a specific time)
spincontrols (to quickly set the value)

not many people know about the latter one :p, which is the one you are losing if you remove it from the <general> section.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i assumed the "jump to time" bit was specified in the full screen vid bit of the keymap.xml (where l + r triggers are mapped to ffw/rew) assumed wrong Blush

as for spin controls.... Shocked ok better go do some more reading!

thanks jonathan :kickass:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrolling through Albums0