• 13(current)
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC
reddragon220 Wrote:Sranshaft is correct - I have not even taken a look at support for the new add-on system. I'm not even sure what's required for it. Does the new add-on system prevent the skin from working at all?

Short answer - Yes and no. In general theres nothing in Dharma that would stop a skin from working. It's not like you have to completely re-write a skin. It's more of a skin would need to change a few things, add/delete a couple dialogs, and replace skin.xml with addon.xml...

This post goes more in-depth...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Looks sweet man
Not to necro-bump, but in case anyone has been waiting around pining for an update I finally managed to release Quicksilver, Lithium's spiritual successor/evolution over, on Plex. http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...icksilver/

I don't have any immediate plans to port it over to XBMC as I want to squash any release bugs that pop up first. In the future that might change, but don't hold your breath.
Looks very nice and kids-compatible. Laugh
Maybe you will change your mind someday regarding the xbmc release, who knows.. Smile
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
just wondering if this was still being worked on
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
DEAD
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but just for some closure: I finally managed to finish coding this skin for Plex and dubbed it quicksilver. More details can be found over at the Plex forums: Quicksilver Skin .

At the current moment I don't have any plans to continue working on the project in the immediate future although never say never. Smile Anyways creating a skin from the ground up has ben quite an interesting, if not rather time intensive experience. It may be a bit audacious to hope for, but I'd love to see the Xbmc & Plex communities take what I've done and improve upon it and make it their own.

Some screenshots, and video of the eye candy. Smile

http://vimeo.com/31421312 (courtesy Boots2x)

Looks nice! Love the use of big fonts. Easier on my eye Smile

How hard/long would that be to port the code to XBMC? I don't know Plex, so I don't have a clear idea.

edit - Looked at your videos. Looks even nicer. I suggest you set as the default the "down" button to switch from "Recently Added" to "On Deck". I can't see a reason why someone would want to scroll through all the recently added items before going into On Deck.
I think porting the skin would only require a moderate amount of effort, Plex is built atop of XBMC's skinning engine after all. There are only a couple of pieces of code that are Plex only which would require some working on. The only major hurdle would probably be adjusting the fonts so that they work. Currently the skin uses Helvetica which doesn't translate to windows so nicely.

There actually is an arrow for recently added/on deck. There have been some improvements to the skin since that video was originally created at launch.
ok, thanks for the answer. Tried loading Quicksilver in XBMC and it doesn't crash... I might take a look for the porting. Who knows, I might have some free time somewhere...
I changed the font from HelveticaNeue to Ubuntu-L.ttf. Unless I can find HelveticaNeue somewhere...?
an xbmc port would be great, I used this skin ages ago when it was still being developed....it was great on a small screen.
are you looking for something along these lines?

http://www.fontpalace.com/search.php?q=H..._bt=search
(2012-06-30, 14:38)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: are you looking for something along these lines?

http://www.fontpalace.com/search.php?q=H..._bt=search

I think so, thanks. I'm not sure Helvetica is open source though. Do you know?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC3