libcurl error - new build
Okay, I could swear I've seen and beaten this error before! I have a new build here on an ASROCK 330, Ubuntu 9.04 fully up to date. All of the packages installed per the readme and I've also used the PPA detailed in the ASROCK thread in an attempt to make sure I had all packages.

XBMC launches, displays the splash screen, and then crashes to the desktop displaying ->
Quote:terminate called after throwing an instance of 'dbiplus:Big GrinbErrors'
/usr/local/bin/xbmc: line 72: 13715 Aborted (core dumped) /usr/local/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin "$@"
Crash report available at /home/blkmgk/XBMC/xbmc_crashlog-20090901_210126.log

Crash log ->
http://pastebin.com/m74298d1a

Log seems to indicate a missing SQL database or an issue with libcurl. I have copied over the data directory from my other machine so I'm pretty sure the issue isn't a missing database - which ought to be built anyway - and there appears to be libcurl-dev installed so I'm stumped. I'm sure this is something simple and stupid but I'm not seeing it <sigh> I believe I'm on revision 22558 but the code is updating pretty rapidly tonight heh and this thing is NOT fast at compiling. (lol) What have I missed? :-(

If I can get this working I have several friends interested in this hardware, it's a pretty nice small box and pretty cheap compared to building something...Cool
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Your db is corrupt by the looks, yes.

Get rid of them.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well, except when I first fired it up I had NO databases. None were built so I copied them over. The box I copied from is working fine - using it right now. Do not believe this is an issue with the database itself...

P.S. Not a permissions issue IMO - I tried running XBMC via sudo - no change.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
The problem is clear from the log. Remove it for testing purposes at least!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thumbs Down 
Deleted ALL files from the Userdata folder, updated to 22636, recompiled and installed, same error. Userdata folder contains a PictureIcon folder, lcd\modeLines\RssFeeds XML files and nothing else.

Same EXACT error to include the message in the logs.

I could swear I have seen this before but I cannot find any threads that seem to match. I want to say there was an issue with the version of libcurl? Package Manager says I have libcurl3 installed - 7.18.2Ubuntu4.1 to be exact. <shrug>

I'm pretty tempted to back this up and load the image from my known good working C2D setup but I have doubts that it would be optimized for this new hardware...
Got it!!

I was deleting files from the wrong area! I happened across this post tonight -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=396008&postcount=2 and duh the user files are in a hidden folder I'd forgotten about. Killed them and fired up XBMC again - success!

Man that was frustrating!!!
Okay this is strange. Somehow my build environment seemed to get pretty screwed up and SVN that compiled fine on my other box refused to compile cleanly on the ION. So, I killed off ALL of the directories in the XBMC folder except .svn and the userdata folder and pulled down source again. I'm on a version just prior to 22781 - updating to 22781 just brought down WIN32 stuff.

Anyway, clean compile. I try to run XBMC and it crashes with the EXACT same Libcurl error from before. Having seen this I deleted the .xbmc\userdata\Database files and reran. SAME error. Copied over the WORKING files from my other machine and SAME error. Deleted the files again blah blah and SAME error. Crash log has libcurl complaining about an issue with the sql database JUST like before.

I'm still thrashing around with this and really just want XBMC to run so I can troubleshoot my HDMI sound issues right now. Is no one else seeing this sort of error? Is .xbmc where I should be deleting data? Seemed to work before.....
Try compiling 22528 instead of the one you've got there. According the the news post on xbmc.org that should be the most stable (relatively) of the recent SVNs. Other than that go back to before they did the previous merge earlier last week.
I was actually able to get 22781 running. I did an svn uninstall and I also removed some packages that were showing up in the package manager. I'm not sure what did it but after all of that I managed to get a clean compile that runs without crashing. I wish I could consistently repeat this for troubleshooting purposes but my goal here is to get this box online and troubleshoot the sound problem. <sigh> In any case if someone else runs into it maybe they will see this and find it helpful or we can manage to narrow down what causes the issue....
This error is back, same machine, same exact error. Deleting the XBMC source directory and pulling down the code again didn't fix it. This machine takes forever to pull source for some reason so I hate doing that. I may copy off the source directory, do an uninstall again, and then copy the source back before pulling again. Really wish I could figure this one out. Going to try compiling with 23021 first. My second machine doesn't get these crashes, I need this one to be stable though. Removing the .xbmc userdata files didn't help.

No one else sees these errors? Here's the pastebin

Edit: Copying off the full XBMC directory isn't goig to work - lots of errors about files not being there. Compiling again and then I may be forced to svn uninstall and start from scratch again. Error really makes no sense to me. Yes I've checked to make sure my packages are all up to date etc. and Libcurl is installed. why this machine and not my other I don't know but it was working well.
The jaunty libcurl3 package clearly provides the libcurl.so.4 symlink. Try reinstalling it. If you did a "dist upgrade" to jaunty, I'd suggest reinstalling fresh before wasting anymore time.
Nope, this box is a clean install - I'll try reinstalling that package and report back. Not sure what keeps breaking this...

Edit: That's got it fixed! For some reason Libcurl3 was listed as not being installed. I had even gone through and attempted to reinstall all of the packages - came up as all packages installed fine. Appreciate the pointer, I was getting more than a little frustrated! Thank You!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libcurl error - new build0