Mass Storage
Well I know what I will be building myself now Smile

http://blog.backblaze.com/2009/09/01/pet...d-storage/
Sounds like there are a few issues too many with this service, although parts of the hardware are tempting (mainly the case). A bit weird that that forum thread was open in my other tab when I saw this thread.

I'm currently running a Norco 4020 with 7 1TB Hitachi drives in a RAID 6. It should allow plenty of room down the road. (Still looking for the perfect device to replace the xbox though, but I feel that I'm close)
Tuckie Wrote:Sounds like there are a few issues too many with this service, although parts of the hardware are tempting (mainly the case). A bit weird that that forum thread was open in my other tab when I saw this thread.

I'm currently running a Norco 4020 with 7 1TB Hitachi drives in a RAID 6. It should allow plenty of room down the road. (Still looking for the perfect device to replace the xbox though, but I feel that I'm close)

What raid card you using?

I am currently looking for a good raid card that handles raid 6.
I'm currently using the Adaptec 51645, and while its worked fairly well for me, it has horrendously slow expansion times (7+ days) and poor support for 1.5tb+ drives (although this sounds to be due in part to the drives rather than the card). Rebuild isn't too bad, and generally finishes in 6 or so hours.

If you have the money, I've heard good things about LSI, but haven't used them myself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mass Storage0