Can I use Aeon with out putting all my movies in seperate folders?
Question 
I know there are scripts out there to do it but I would rather not put all my movies in separate folders and I also would like to store the extra .nfo files, thumbs, and what not somewhere other then my movies dir.
Afaik you can't store the nfo and images elsewhere.
It's really really easy to put your movies in folders however and I highly recommend it. :p
hadees Wrote:I know there are scripts out there to do it but I would rather not put all my movies in separate folders and I also would like to store the extra .nfo files, thumbs, and what not somewhere other then my movies dir.

Simple answer : Nope!

Slightly longer answer :
Only way to have thumbs somewhere else is by letting XBMC scrape and cache everything for you. However, anything that specifically uses folder.jpg, poster.jpg or thumbX.jpg won't work.

You are better off with a no frills skin like PM3.HD

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
hadees Wrote:I know there are scripts out there to do it but I would rather not put all my movies in separate folders and I also would like to store the extra .nfo files, thumbs, and what not somewhere other then my movies dir.

I, like you, had all my movies in one directory and was able to store any of the information needed but thumbs. Thumbs were the only issue which requires seperate directories atm and I used Ember Media to convert all my Movies to seperate directories just for that reason.
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Only way to have thumbs somewhere else is by letting XBMC scrape and cache everything for you.

Are you saying you don't have XBMC scrape for you? What do you use?
Plenty of tools to choose from:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=116

MiP is my personal favorite.

I had this but had to format drive. Where is the script to do that? Thanks
Thare187 Wrote:I had this but had to format drive. Where is the script to do that? Thanks

Ember Media Manager can do it.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I use Aeon with out putting all my movies in seperate folders?0