Streaming Internet TV to XBMC?
We moved to a new apartment last month and we only have internet access, cable TV was too expensive. Is there any way to stream live content through the internet to XBMC? All I could find when searching was live TV from a tuner card. I couldn't find any info about a plugin though.
Please can anyone answer this question thanks.
check out the wiki and look for video plugins. They have a lot of plugins available such as Revision3, ESPN, YouTube, and many more. Look around the Wiki, it is very thorough and should help you out with most of the questions you might have. hope that helps you out.
keeganl Wrote:check out the wiki and look for video plugins. They have a lot of plugins available such as Revision3, ESPN, YouTube, and many more. Look around the Wiki, it is very thorough and should help you out with most of the questions you might have. hope that helps you out.
I've looked on the Wiki, but I can't find anything for streaming live TV, not pre-made videos like youtube.
There is no plugin to stream live tv shows. But, there are some plugins to stream video content from tv show websites. Get the SVN Repo Installer and look through the xbmc-addons >> plugins >> video section. You might want to check out the NBC, CBS, and Justin.tv plugin.
I've already got NBC and CBS plugins. Mostly I just wanted something to watch live news broadcasts since my TV isn't digital and I don't have a converter for OTA.
There was this plugin... but pretty sure you would have to bounce off a UK proxy if it still works Huh

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=TVC
xbmc can play mms streams or other just fine.
So if you find a direct stream that works in your web browser
you can add that stream to xbmc as a strm file.

replace HTTP with MMS and create a new txt document
with the adress in it. save it as a *.strm file.

then put it somewhere on your network that xbmc can reach. simply select the strm file from xbmc and voila - direct stream.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
The-Boxhead Wrote:xbmc can play mms streams or other just fine.
So if you find a direct stream that works in your web browser
you can add that stream to xbmc as a strm file.

replace HTTP with MMS and create a new txt document
with the adress in it. save it as a *.strm file.

then put it somewhere on your network that xbmc can reach. simply select the strm file from xbmc and voila - direct stream.
Thanks, now I just have to find live TV streams.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming Internet TV to XBMC?0