Why Aeon doesn't work in my xbmc?
Hi,
I'm a very noob (also my english is quite bad, sorry) with xbmc that I use from a couple of month . I've xbmc 8.10 with mediastream 0.97 on my htpc running XP and yesterday I wanted to add the new Aeon skin so I downloaded it from github (zip file). I extracted it and copy the main folder under C:\Programs\Skin.

Unfortunately it doesn't work, it seems to be "imcopleted" as you can see in the picture taked in windowed mode:

image1
image2
image3

I've also made another test, I downloaded the last version of xbmc babylon on my desktop pc, installed it and added the Aeon skin with the same method, but nothing change.

Can someone explain me what is wrong? THank you
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=friendly
Wtf is with this lately?

It's almost like one vindictive person is making multiple accounts through a proxy and
posting random threads where they didn't bother to install the fonts just to make a point. :p

Read the instructions, install the fonts in the aeon folder. This is covered in dozens of threads already.
Everyone here was new to XBMC at one time. Nod

The shear size of the forums, and the complexity of Aeon is a little daunting to new users I think. Until the process is as simple as a few clicks, you're always going to have users that didn't read or missed something.
joebrady Wrote:Everyone here was new to XBMC at one time. Nod

The shear size of the forums, and the complexity of Aeon is a little daunting to new users I think. Until the process is as simple as a few clicks, you're always going to have users that didn't read or missed something.
It would also help if djh included the dam fonts with it, it would put a stop to a lot of requests
for help with aeon.
it would also stop users from getting stroppy with newbiesStare
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I'm not saying people can't be new, it's just getting asked a lot. :p
As for the fonts they can't be included on GIT dude to licensing issues if I'm not mistaken.
He didn't just set out to make aeon a 2 step install process it was done for a reason.
do djh update the aeon skin?
He's taking a break right now, there's a post on his journal about this if I recall.
There are plenty of forks and mods on here to keep you busy if you need.
just thought the other mods had taken over and djh was working on alaska skin.
Alaska is a side project, he has stated he will continue with Aeon when he has more time.
Thank you a lot guys, I'm very happy to see your reply and finally I solve this problem (yes, I did't know that I've to download also fonts).

Please be patience, I use xbmc only at 40% of its possibility because I'm noob and it's very difficult for me to understand english language (I'm italian and I don't know because italian people like other kind of programs and there isn't an xbmc forum in my language so I've to bother you) so I can't use properly all the functions as fanart, nfo file, imdb and other.

I changed my old skin for Aeon because it's very nice interface. The only thing that now I would like to do is change the background in the home menu as you can see in this video (at the begin the user change picture, games and music and also the background change).

I go to settings-customise-backdrops and I chose a folder that contains some pictures. Nothing changed for the home menu (it remains black), I can see the selected pictures only when I go into a menu like movies or music but I want to see it in the background of the home menu like the video.

Can someone explain me hot to do that? Thank you a lot for the patience
You need to update your XBMC to a newer build to have Aeon work correctly.
Try updating xbmc to one of the latest builds for your platform and that hopefully should fix your problemSmile
hikaricore Wrote:I'm not saying people can't be new, it's just getting asked a lot. :p
As for the fonts they can't be included on GIT dude to licensing issues if I'm not mistaken.
He didn't just set out to make aeon a 2 step install process it was done for a reason.
Poor bloody excuse, he should have picked some royalty free fonts then DUDE
paul Wrote:Poor bloody excuse, he should have picked some royalty free fonts then DUDE

Most royalty free fonts that I've tried to use in the past were pretty poor... not sure if that's changed but it might help explain.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why Aeon doesn't work in my xbmc?0