library mode ignoring nfo files?
i used media companion to create the NFO files. each show does have its own NFO, which i can view only if im in file mode.
When I am in Library mode, I get no information and IF i have something that shows up under a genre it says there are no episodes.

I have removed the entire folder scanned for content then moved it back in & rescanned for content and when I do this, it says there is no new content.

I checked the NFOs on pastebin & it all looks good there... im kind of at a loss. I could manually push them into the library but Id have to do that one episode at a time and that would take way to long.

At this point, im not even sure where to look next??
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55334

i gave up trying to use .nfo files from mip - removed them all and xbmc scraped perfectly afterwards.
wow.. i dumped the NFO files and rescrapped... the result was............. bad

now, I still have (after cleaning the library also) a few generas that list a few shows which show zero episodes, a bunch of shows that.. well i have no idea where they came from (shows that are listed as 42 43 44 & so on) and now i have fan art and cover art that is attached to the wrong shows.

and the oddest part is i have no logs. debug is enabled but its not producing any logs at all.

//edit

so I tried the sledgehammer approach by ripping everything out & reinstalling it all.
I did get some better results this time but unfortunately i now have weird things like season 1 of a show will pull down all information while season 2 just comes up with "not available" when i scrape them. (I keep my stuff sorted by show\season\episode)
most of the other problems have sorted themselves out with a reinstall however so at least there is progress
Quote:I did get some better results this time but unfortunately i now have weird things like season 1 of a show will pull down all information while season 2 just comes up with "not available" when i scrape them. (I keep my stuff sorted by show\season\episode)

This makes no sense. If your stuff is sorted by show\season\episode, then when you "set content" on the folder that contains the shows, it will recursively scan everything in each show. You shouldn't ever "set content" on a season folder anyway, as there's no way for XBMC to determine the show.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library mode ignoring nfo files?0