XBMC UPnP MediaServer to Sony Bravia (TV) DLNA client?
I have the exact same problem. My TV works with windows media and minidlna. When trying to connect to xbmc, the bravia tv says "compatible files could not be found".
I am not sure where to find the debug information for xbmc, if you let me know I will send the log.
BTW I am running ubuntu 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 8 04:01:29 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
To start with you should try to get lates svn of xbmc to test with. I've fixed quite a few bugs in upnp since camelot was released. I don't expect it to work thou. + since we don't do any transcoding of content for upnp. It's unlikely the TV will accept much of what we offer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi, I've got the same problem at Sony Bravia 32W5800 - I see message "compatible files could not be found". I'm running xbmc at WinXP.

When I use "Wild media server" as a upnp server, TV works fine.
I'm looking for a media centre and came across xbmc, (via the Linux Outlaws podcast). I've installed the windows version, although my intent is to run under Linux (so I can put it in a cupboard). However, the first hurdle is getting it to be seen by my TV. TV (Sony KDL-Z5800) sees that xbmc is on the network but cannot connect to it. I've also tested the Nero Mediahome system (windows only unfortunately, but useful for comparison) which is recognised by the TV and can play any media served by it.

Is what I am trying to do outside of the remit of XBMC?

Thanks.
System info: Asrock ION330HT-BD (Intel Atom 330 4 core i686) connected to Sony KDL-Z5800 TV using hdmi via Onkyo TX-SR507 AV Amp. [Old Config Ubuntu 12.04. (Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae ) XBMCBuntu (Eden 11.0 Git:unknown Compiled Mar 24 2012). OpenGL 3.3.0 NVIDIA 280.13] New Config unknown - no working XBMC at moment!
Same problem with sony Bravia KDL-40W5500.
Working with windows media player but not with XMBC
Just checking some basics here...

you do realise that XBMC hooks directly into your TV right? not via any network.... it connects via physical HDMI, or component video into your TV via TVout on your pc.
Thank you, for trying to help us AnalogKid. But XBMC is also a DLNA Media Server and as so, it is able to serve video file through the network.

Update to my previous post :
I have traced network packet with WireShark and it seems that
XBMC respond to the discovery packet (SSDP protocol) but then
it doesn't reply to packet from DLNA Media Player.....
I suggest you change the topic title to DLNA access. Should get better feedback then... I think most folks will skip the thread seeing the title and assume 'noob' can't connect his system.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=UPnP_Sharing might help if you've not read it
Here is what is working for me:
Windows Media Server on Win7 and PlayOn media server are working fine on Bravia ....music, picture and video content displayed.
AnalogKid Wrote:Just checking some basics here...

you do realise that XBMC hooks directly into your TV right? not via any network.... it connects via physical HDMI, or component video into your TV via TVout on your pc.

Thanks, yep I know that :-) I've now bought and installed the asrock using these forums and have hdmi working.
System info: Asrock ION330HT-BD (Intel Atom 330 4 core i686) connected to Sony KDL-Z5800 TV using hdmi via Onkyo TX-SR507 AV Amp. [Old Config Ubuntu 12.04. (Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae ) XBMCBuntu (Eden 11.0 Git:unknown Compiled Mar 24 2012). OpenGL 3.3.0 NVIDIA 280.13] New Config unknown - no working XBMC at moment!
Hello,
Since I'm stick with a BRAVIA tv I came to this problem, too Smile

I understand the developers don't like SONY not implementing the DLNA protocol right or something, but still, are there any plans for xbmc upnp bravia support?

The latest PS3 Media Server works with BRAVIA and it is open source, so it is just a matter of porting? I'm not much into the tech stuff...
I would also like to encourage XBMC DLNA support for Sony Bravia TVs. Already having gigabit LAN connections collocated with three TVs it would be terrific to have a single DLNA server.

Cheers,

Phred
One more pray for Bravia support in XBMC! I got the same "Compatible files could not be found" error with a Bravia KDL-32EX707. G5 1.6Ghz running Leopard.
Being able to browse files would not get you far since XBMC does no transcoding:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8388
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That's right Sho, as far as I've read the Bravia will not play anything than MPEG2. But even then, it isn't recognizing my audio and picture files (which are playing ok in my G5).
Maybe is something about the TV being unable to find the files through subdirectories... maybe OS X paths, I'm not a developer, so my knowledge here is almost zero, just guessing. I've read about miniDLNA being able to play video with Bravia TVs, but that's linux based and building it on OSX is being a nightmare...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC UPnP MediaServer to Sony Bravia (TV) DLNA client?1