VDPAU HQ Upscaling
motd2k Wrote:I've added this back in r26477. There is no GUI option now; if you card supports it, it will use it.

You can tell if its being used by checking your logfile for a line containing "VDPAU HQ upscaling". 0 means it isn't using it, 1 means it is using it.

motd

is this still enabled? i just got a g210 and i don't get the VDPAU HQ Upscaling line at all, let alone enabled or disabled.

http://pastebin.com/J2EWDETh
You need to enable it in advancedsettings.xml, and as an alternative you can choose one of the other scalers during playback in the videosettings dialog.
bobo1on1 Wrote:You need to enable it in advancedsettings.xml, and as an alternative you can choose one of the other scalers during playback in the videosettings dialog.

yea, i tried that first actually. i assumed based on motd2k's post that the advancedsettings entry was deprecated. readded what i think was the right entry based on http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Cvideo.3E but still no go.

http://pastebin.com/9XWemjT9
Log shows it's scaling up.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Log shows it's scaling up.

can you tell me where you see that? according to motd2k i should have a line that says "VDPAU HQ upscaling" which i don't.
This shows it:
Code:
NOTICE: Creating 1608x1080 pixmap
gotcha, thanks.
So is the green screen issue with GT2xx cards still not working? I don't want to update only to find out it's still not working..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Msan Wrote:So is the green screen issue with GT2xx cards still not working? I don't want to update only to find out it's still not working..

if you're talking about the xvid/divx problems i believe those are still there. h264 content is working fine for me on my 210.
Msan Wrote:So is the green screen issue with GT2xx cards still not working? I don't want to update only to find out it's still not working..

Unfortunately the problem hasn't fixed yet. I tried the last svn version and the vdpau supported xvid/divx playing doesn't work.
bodhidarma Wrote:Unfortunately the problem hasn't fixed yet. I tried the last svn version and the vdpau supported xvid/divx playing doesn't work.

Sad Thats too bad.. I'm thinking of getting an older video card that doesnt have this issue until this has finally been fixed..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU HQ Upscaling0