Aeon setup changes between 720 and 1080 resolution
Hi everybody!
This is my first post and I am new to XBMC and Aeon as of a couple of weeks. I am running it on a laptop with HDMI connected to my 1080p LCD (so this is a windows installation).

I don't know if the problem I am having resides inside Aeon, XBMC or my incompetence.

When not connected to my LCD, I have a resolution of a normal laptop widescreen lcd, i.e. 1366x768. Aeon states this also in the 'screen' setup. So no problem there. I compile a database of my media and install scrips which I can use inside XBMC.

Now, when I connect to my flat 1080p lcd and fold my laptop screen (the gfx card then only discovers the 1080p lcd and changes the resolution to 1920x1080 automatically), the 'screen' setup in XBMC changes to 1920x1080p @ 60hz which is all in order. However, all of my personalization of XBMC and Aeon are gone! I have to make another database and install scripts. I have to point my backdrops accordingly and make all the other adjustments.

If i disconnect the 1080p lcd and open my laptop, the screen goes back to 1366x768 and the old database is back. Is that normal?

This way, I cannot sit in my office and configure XBMC the way I want, cause when I connect to my TV, all the changes are gone (but still saved in some sort of 720 profile). I dont get it.

I hope I got my message through.

Edit: Also, Im using Aeon Stark
I have noticed this myself not the same setup but If I load xbmc in windows mode rather then full screen mode
It seems to load a different profile even though I only have one Profile setup never made any sense of it myself.
Maybe you could set up a different profile for each screen mode ?
well.. as it seems, I can't even load XBMC in windowed mode nowadays. I could when I started setting up the system. Also, as you might have understood, I only use one profile. and I dont want more. Maybe I should export my database and start all over on a fresh installation?

The weirdest thing, I find, are the scripts i've installed. Since scripts installs simply by just draging the folder into the scripts folder within XBMC, no xml files should have been altered. However, I cannot find any scripts on one of the "profiles". It's like there are two different XBMC installations.
I would check the arguments in the link use to start XBMC.

On mine, the fullscreen one uses the portable profile

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -fs -p

The windowed one is

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p

So both of them use the portable profile. Try that.

Or make sure that both the userdata in C:\Program Files\XBMC and
C:\Documents and Settings\%UserProfile%\Application Data\XBMC
are the same.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Solved! Thanks Sinister!
The problem was that, when I configured my remote control, I only pointed the start button to XBMC.exe -fs and missed out on the -p. Can't really understand why there would be two different profiles just by doing the -p. Not only did it fix this particular problem - video has much less flicker problems which was my next thing to deal with.

Thanks again!
Cyanopsis Wrote:Solved! Thanks Sinister!
The problem was that, when I configured my remote control, I only pointed the start button to XBMC.exe -fs and missed out on the -p. Can't really understand why there would be two different profiles just by doing the -p. Not only did it fix this particular problem - video has much less flicker problems which was my next thing to deal with.

Thanks again!

The reason why this causes two profiles is:

the -p switch tells XBMC to us a 'portable' profile... that means all the configuration data is stored in a subfolder of the XBMC folder.

However, without the -p switch, XBMC will look for the profile in the users 'User Data' folder (varies across platforms).

Basically, this can cause XBMC to maintain two setups... the portable one, and the non-portable one.

Rule of thumb is... ALWAYS use -p or NEVER use -p... just NEVER mix and match

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon setup changes between 720 and 1080 resolution0