Everyone seems to be quite hard core with pure text editors Big Grin
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
Sublime Text 2 ftw!
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
eclipse w pydev on linux. If performance was an issue in 2009 it is not anymore.
I do much of my other coding(/scripting) in windows notepad but with Python I really need some support with the indent to get a clean source.
Notepad++ all the way. Handles indentation, quick comment/uncomment, and split screen with multiple tabs per screen.

Eclipse still gets bogged down for me if I leave it open all the time. I do a lot of work via remote desktop and eclipse is a bit sluggish there too. Until recently, I used Eclipse for gui management of my github. Now that they have a decent Windows client, I haven't missed eclipse
vim + terminal on linux
I've tried both straight up eclipse and aptana and found them both to be very good, but.

Coming from the .Net and Java world, my vote has to go out to JetBrains and their PyCharm IDE

Their extensive support for Refactoring, high customization and built-in automated test runner goes along way to give me the same level of tooling that I enjoy in working with .Net.

http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/

The only negative points is thats it's expensive compared to the free alternatives out there but worth a try imo Smile
I prefer notepad but there are 3 alternatives i found for python editor here : http://sparkledge.com/python-editor-for-...and-linux/
EditPad Lite
Windows user here, but also comfortable using Linux as well.

For quick edits I use Notepad++
For project management and cautious edits PyCharm.

Trying out Eclipse and Visual Studio still pending Tongue
Wow, bit of an old thread !!

Still, Geany for me.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-09-17, 04:12)twilight0 Wrote: Windows user here, but also comfortable using Linux as well.

For quick edits I use Notepad++
For project management and cautious edits PyCharm.

Trying out Eclipse and Visual Studio still pending Tongue

Same here. Eclipse/PyDev is too bulky and slow IMO, and PTVS is somewhat behind other Python IDEs. For example, it took them several years (!!!) to implement brace auto-completion because the developers didn't think it was an important feature :facepalm smile here:.
Sublime Text 3 and Notepad++
SublimeText 3 + Anaconda plugin whenever possible.
For some specific use cases PyCharm.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Notepad ++
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I've done most of my work in gedit, but have started using Sublime Text more frequently.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is your favoured Python Editor?0