cdart with Transparency
Okay, just starting to move my music collection over to the XBMC HTPC... but I can't get CDART to work! The default image is working, but I can't get any others too...

What do I name the cdart file, and where do I put it?
http://xbmc.org/skins/transparency/3/

joebrady Wrote:http://xbmc.org/skins/transparency/3/

08. OK, but what this cdArt you keep bragging about?
cdArt will show a spinning cd during playback in the fullscreen info window and on the Home Screen.
this feature is enabled by default (Settings > Skin Settings > General > Enable cdArt) and will use a blank cd if no custom cd images are available.
if you want to use your own images, go to Settings > Skin Settings > General > Music Folder Path and enter the path to your main Music folder.
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/Music)
Next put a semi transparent cd image of a certain album in the folder of that album. The filename should be cdart.png
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/Music/Blink-182/Greatest Hits/cdart.png)
Note: this will only work if your directory structure is something like: Music/Artist/Album.
Note: if the cd disappears after a few seconds, just hit the ‘i’ button on keyboard/remote and it will reappear. from now on it will be always visible.

I have my paths such as

d:\music\Beatles, The\One\cdart.png

And I set my path in the general settings...

But I'm still just getting the default image...
Not sure if it's still essential with T!, but make sure your actual folder names match exactly what the XBMC music library gives for that particular Artist/Album
Ah... in front of all my album names in the tag, I have [CD]

Such as

TAG: The Beatles - [CD] One
FILE: \Beatles, The\One\
(The CD indicates it's CD quality instead of an .mp3)

Is there a way to make make XBMC ignore that phrase when it's scanning the library in? Or someway to batch remove it? Everyone of the CDs I'm putting on my XBMC has that...

Does the "The" also mess it up?
not sure about the "The".

I would just do a test with one or two albums to see what works for sure for you. There are many mp3 tag editors out there and everyone seems to have different opinions on them.
joebrady Wrote:Not sure if it's still essential with T!, but make sure your actual folder names match exactly what the XBMC music library gives for that particular Artist/Album

thanx, i'll add this info to the FAQ.
it's indeed still needed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi,
I know the post is a bit old, but I think it's the good one for my question :
joebrady Wrote:...but make sure your actual folder names match exactly what the XBMC music library gives for that particular Artist/Album
I noticed this, but I'm a bit confused on how to do with OSTs or compilations ?
As I see that XBMC sort them in "Various Artists" when displayed by artist, I tried to put my albums in a folder called /music/Various Artists/Album but with no success.
All others cdarts works perfectly, as soon as there is only one artist on the album.

Is there a way to make it work?
willynuisance Wrote:Is there a way to make it work?

not that i know...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'm not a skinner, and I'm not familiar, with skin process, but I see in the Includes_workarounds.xml that you generate the path cdart.png like this :
Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]$INFO[ListItem.Album,/,/cdart.png]

Why can't you use this process instead?
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path,/,/cdart.png]

Could you tell me if I missed something?
can't help you i'm afraid. i have 0 compilation albums in my xbmc library, so i don't even know how xbmc organizes them.

maybe someone else can help you out.
I don't have any compilations either but the SVN of T! and other current skins now use:

$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,cdart.png]

meaning that as long as the cdart.png resides in the same folder as the .mp3 that is playing it'll show...The old, hard way, had many drawbacks and compilations was one one of them.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Oh, sorry I didn't try this on SVN.
It works perfectly with xbmc and T! svn !

Thanks
nice, good to know the current implementation also works for compilation albums.
clock2113 Wrote:08. OK, but what this cdArt you keep bragging about?
cdArt will show a spinning cd during playback in the fullscreen info window and on the Home Screen.
this feature is enabled by default (Settings > Skin Settings > General > Enable cdArt) and will use a blank cd if no custom cd images are available.
if you want to use your own images, go to Settings > Skin Settings > General > Music Folder Path and enter the path to your main Music folder.
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/Music)
Next put a semi transparent cd image of a certain album in the folder of that album. The filename should be cdart.png
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/Music/Blink-182/Greatest Hits/cdart.png)
Note: this will only work if your directory structure is something like: Music/Artist/Album.
Note: if the cd disappears after a few seconds, just hit the ‘i’ button on keyboard/remote and it will reappear. from now on it will be always visible.

I have my paths such as

d:\music\Beatles, The\One\cdart.png

And I set my path in the general settings...

But I'm still just getting the default image...

Does anyone know of any software that will download cd art (the picture on the cd not the album cover)? I have Adele's 21 album playing and the green cd is spinning outside the sleeve - it looks great. I would like the same formal my albums. All I have done is added the .png file in the album folder and called it 'cdart'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdart with Transparency0