[Possible Bug]
I got a Asrock ION 330 HTPC connected to a 42" SDTV Plasma screen via HDMI.
I'm running Minimal Ubuntu, XBMC 9.04 Stable and Aeon Stark. My resolution is 1280x1024.

I'm curious to why this is happening (see the screenshots)?
In the first screenshot we're in movie (multiplex) view and as you can see the covers are cut off on the sides. The backdrop is ok.
In the second screenshot we're in the main tv-show menu and as you can see the same thing is happening here (yes, I've used landscape thumbs specially designed for Aeon.)
In the third screenshot you can see season thumbs missing all-together (I know they're there, and they're working fine on my Windows-PC.

Is this a bug, or what in the world is going on? Any suggestions on how I can fix this? It's kinda annoyingSmile especially the season thumbs.

http://i27.tinypic.com/25hkdnt.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/s2ur2a.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/13z9xtf.jpg
You Answered the question yourself.

sexten Wrote:My resolution is 1280x1024.

Aeon is designed to be displayed at a 16:9 resolution. Preferably 720p.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:You Answered the question yourself.

Aeon is designed to be displayed at a 16:9 resolution. Preferably 720p.

Hmm, yeah, I recreated the "bug" by changing the resolution on my PC to 1280x1024 as well. The only problem though, XBMC insists on that being the correct resolution for the TV. Any other resolution and I get a small window in the top left corner. It's a Widescreen.

EDIT: I just checked the specs of my TV, and the resolution is supposed to be 852 x 480

EDIT2: The TV is a Philips 42PF5320 btw.
Have you tried calibrating the screen when using different resolutions?
Hitcher Wrote:Have you tried calibrating the screen when using different resolutions?

Calibrate the TV? Unfortunately there is not much to calibrateSmile
The problem is... 1280x1024 seems to be the ONLY resolution that wants to run in full-screen.
sexten Wrote:Calibrate the TV? Unfortunately there is not much to calibrateSmile
The problem is... 1280x1024 seems to be the ONLY resolution that wants to run in full-screen.
I think hitcher meant calibrate in appearance settings in xbmcSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:I think hitcher meant calibrate in appearance settings in xbmcSmile

Ah, yeah. The closes one I've gotten to work is 720p where the width and everything is perfect, however it's about 25% too "low". There is a huge black bar below.
sexten Wrote:Ah, yeah. The closes one I've gotten to work is 720p where the width and everything is perfect, however it's about 25% too "low". There is a huge black bar below.

That's the resolution setting not calibration which is located at the same place but don't worry calibration setting only effects video not the GUI, setting XBMC to 720p makes it output 1280x720 maybe your TV doesn't accept that over HDMI finding out what it does accept would be a good idea Wink

Obviously the best option would be your native Res 852x480 which is 16.9 so Aeon would look correct then but if that's not available your probably need to have someone help you with your xorg.conf

You could try the following first the part in the post below where it says "Enable 1080p @ 24Hz for XBMC Live" I'm not sure if that will enable other resolutions as well as 1080p might be a good place to ask about xorg.conf

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=xconf
I changed the resolution to 1024x768@60Hz and with a lot of overhead adjustment it got a little better. Still not perfect, but I think I can live with it. If anyone finds out a solution to get it "perfect" though I'd be very happySmile
I have a Phillips running through HDMI as well I had to set my res in ATI Catalyst as windows was adiment it wanted to be a certain size.
Played around with it A LOT before I found the ATI CAt settings that set it straight to 720 HD works great now.
Dont know if that helps you being on ubuntu...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Possible Bug]0