Custom Subtitle Fonts
AFAIK the only way to use custom fonts is to keep replacing arial.ttf located in the media/Fonts folder in /usr/local/share/xbmc.

Is there anyother way? Perhaps having the font in our .xbmc userfolder? Its a pain to keep replacing it after an update.
I would imagine that it would be handled in the same fashion as other files that are overridden when they're present in the .xbmc folder. Try putting it in the same directory as you do in /usr and see what happens.
I've tried that and it doesn't work.
It always uses arial.ttf in /usr. Its unware of a font in ~/.xbmc/media/Fonts so it always renders Arial Regular and not Arial Unicode I have in my user folder. Removing the font from /usr causes some -0/-1 oddness in subtitles and missing writing in the UI.

Replacing the font in /usr kills two birds with one stone. Unicode in UI and Subtitles. Copying a skin to my user folder then editing the Font.xml could achieve Unicode in the UI but that doesn't effect subtitles so i'd need to replace arial.ttf in /usr anyway making editing the skin pointless.

I've also tried ~/.font to no avail either.
I have a font in:

~/xbmc/media/Fonts

OSWALDblack.ttf

And it works just fine. Not sure what your trouble is.
Replacing files in the system folder is just silly.

Have you bothered changing the font in the subtitles configuration?
Yep, it never listed the font. Anyhow http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/23532/ seems to fix this I think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Subtitle Fonts0