• 6(current)
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..
full screen #2 worked as well for me.

Thanks for the tip.

Running 22886 SVN

am having the start bar win7 overlay.

8600GTS Nvidia
Win7
Sony 5300ES AVR to Mits 73835 73" DLP
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
my2sense Wrote:It sounds like ATI users are having more problems with the dx build from my quick read of this thread. Can't wait until dx goes stable: the possibilities.

this is just what i am assuming right now, too.
cheers,azido :;):
A fix for fullscreen not sizing correctly was I believe fixed by charly in r22901.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Anyone know of a way to force window mode to be 1280x720? I prefer to use this on my dev box. The default of 720x480 is way to small for me.
Just resize it.

EDIT: Ah, it still doesn't remember it, does it. Will think about a good way to save that info.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Just resize it.

EDIT: Ah, it still doesn't remember it, does it. Will think about a good way to save that info.
Wink Thanks.
jmarshall Wrote:A fix for fullscreen not sizing correctly was I believe fixed by charly in r22901.

Cheers,
Jonathan

fullscreen gui works like a charm for me (using tv's native resolution of 1360x768) on screen #2 in the current dx builds. though video still jumps to screen #1 and freezes xbmc (audio is doing well).

the gl build still has that black bar on top in fullscreen mode on tv (screen #2) i've mentioned in another thread. looks like pos x0/y0 is not determined correctly, although the windows desktop itself fits perfectly. i cannot overcome this by using xbmc's calibration. but that's an issue i also encountered on earlier builds of xbmc, so it might be my setup causing this (though i don't know why windows desktop is in shape then).
My tests..

HTPC with XP SP3 , Ati HD 3300, 2 Gb of Ram, Latest Directx 9.0c and all local media.

- I have to find and install the directX dll named d3dx9_41.dll.

- PM3.HD_TV_Movies doesn´t work so it changes to PM3.HD ( I Think tis can be solved easily )

- The file played ( an .mkv file wich is 1280x720 ) is regoniced by XBMC as 1100x720 so he put black bars on both sides ( not in the -gl version were is displayed in full screen )

- I can´t say it has better picture or better CPU usage viewing an .mkv file wich is 720p compared with -gl version.

No more tests at all.
A little OT, but one of the nice side effects of the dx builds I just noticed was that you can now use xbmc via remote desktop without a hitch...
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:A little OT, but one of the nice side effects of the dx builds I just noticed was that you can now use xbmc via remote desktop without a hitch...

hehe.. what a fun way of usage Smile

for me, a big plus to the current builds (and the future) is, that now you can fire up xbmc with a single keystroke on your remote (if configured to start a program) and the gui goes fullscreen onto screen #2 without the need to do anything on your pc. this was impossible before.

either i had to click on a symlink on the extended desktop to fire it up there (win 7) or use xbmclauncher to go to screen #2 (vista) or use ultramon to switch primary display.
Note that comments about what happens that don't have the revision of XBMC that you're using are essentially useless, as fixes are going in all the time.

stoli Wrote:A little OT, but one of the nice side effects of the dx builds I just noticed was that you can now use xbmc via remote desktop without a hitch...

This will make remote administering of systems I've setup for friends possible. Awesome!
So far, other than the white box on the new TV Shows thing.. DX is working well for me. I am just curious about the fullscreen on screen #2. I am running a monitor as #1 and old crt widescreen HDTV as #2. I can get XMBC to start fullscreen on #2 no problem but when I go to play something it plays on #1. Am I missing somethingHuh
This may effect GL builds as well, I haven't tested.

When launching other apps from XBMC in full screen using "XBMC.System.Exec", XBMC will drop into window mode before it minimizes. When the app is closed XBMC does not restore itself to full screen. (I still would like to see an option to not minimize and just let the other app have top Wink )

EDIT:
It seems any call to minimize XBMC results in this behavior.

build 22919.
Issues that I see on SVN Build 22921:

Window Mode:
-> Postion and Size of window aren't saved.
-> Resolution setting isn't changed when I move from fullscreen to windowed. It still says windowed.
-> Some settings label are chopped off ( Network Setting ) when in window mode. But if I go to fullscreen mode, it is fine.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..0