Smart Playlists support for video resolution, aspect-ratio, codec, audio, and subtitl
One of the milestones for 9.10 is

Smart Playlists support for video resolution, aspect-ratio, codec, audio, and subtitles

I was wondering if this feature is already implemented in SVN 22528, and if so how can I create change my smart playlists rule to filter only certain language movies?

I see ticket 5154 has some information but its not clear how the rule to match on language will look.

<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>3. French Movies</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="audlang" operator="in">fra,french</rule>
</smartplaylist>

What i am not clear is how the languages are stored? "eng" or "English" or "en" ?

Also does this mean the .nfo files that are scraped will also contain the audio language and can that be used in the smart playlist as well?
To directly answer your question: it depends.

XBMC directly stores the language code from the nfo file if it has one, or what the video container reports. In my library, only my mkv files had language information and the language was the 3 character code.

I don't think audlang supports the "in" operator though, I could be wrong, so to cover all your bases you'd need "is fra" "is fr" "is french".
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists support for video resolution, aspect-ratio, codec, audio, and subtitl0