New KML site: Onlinestreams
(madzenith @ sep. 14 2004,23:04 Wrote:a brief update.

my working script is fine with the url changed - however, as you say kiss streams are not working.
ehh what is not working with the kiss webradio2 button on my kml site?
kan jou be a bit more verbose?

you need to edit the url part as folows :

if url.count('?'):
url = url + "&playerid=xxxxxxxxxxxx&playerbrand=kiss&playermodel=dp-500&playerlanguage=0&playerfirmware=280"
else:
url = url + "?playerid=xxxxxxxxxxxx&playerbrand=kiss&playermodel=dp-500&playerlanguage=0&playerfirmware=280"

i did this in the downloadimage() function (i don't know this is needed), and i did this in the downloadplaylist() function.

hope this helps.

greetings,

arjan
hmm i forgot to mention that i also added the url modification for the downloadxmldocument() function.

perhaps, zilvershadow (i beleave) likes to include that in the current version of the kml browser?
will try adding:

if url.count('?'):
url = url + "&playerid=xxxxxxxxxxxx&playerbrand=kiss&playermodel=dp-500&playerlanguage=0&playerfirmware=280"
else:
url = url + "?playerid=xxxxxxxxxxxx&playerbrand=kiss&playermodel=dp-500&playerlanguage=0&playerfirmware=280"

tonight with my original working script, rather than the one i downloaded from this post, which i cannot get to work at all.

thanks again.
iafilius and madzenith;

i have now played around with "both versions" of the script, and they both work fine for me (i.e. i can open the kiss radio kml url).

however, trying to open other url's seems to be "work in progress". i am aware that the simple kml browser (.py) is does not emulate 100% the kiss browser, but maybe that could be worked on (or even exists somewhere and only need a port to xbmc)? i can open most sites but buttons and gui does not always come out right. just started to look at the possibilities yesterday, and the potential for adding value to xbmc is great (like the kml browser in kiss players)!!!

my 2 cents:

- "integrated" kml browser in xbmc
- set default kml portal in settings.xml
- iafilius is already working on what could become the default xbmc kml portal (bookmarks etc - great!)

maybe you guys could work together merging the best of the current versions + taking it one step further towards the future "xbmc kml browser"??

--------------------------o0o---

nb! for everybody else out there - check out some of the other kml portals out there (change url in one of the simple kml scripts) and see the potential...

http://kissportal.pl/directory/index.php

--------------------------o0o---

great work guys!!!!!!!!

cheers
thanks for the supposed vote of confidence jalla. whilst i used to be a programmer, i couldn't program my why out of a paper bag now - apart from possibly a little asp and html.

i have thought about trying python but unfortunately never seem to get the time - always playing too many games :p.

i havent had a chance to retry tonight, most likely will tomorrow and will update then.
jalla,

i agree, although kmlbrowser is implementented not 100% is works for webradio and of course my onlinestreams. however other sites like the ones at kissportal mostly don't work, or don't work correctly.
some help to get this "fixed" would be nice.

at least i'd like that playerid part to be incorporated in the default version.
i agree with you 2 cents, but i'd like to choose from a list of portals.
that's why i integrated some links to (other) portals.
for the interested people.

implemented:

-bookmarks (register for personal bookmarks)
-changed to a default sort order (popularity first/ratings/etc etc)
-you're able to vote/rate a stream
-some cosmic changes

planned:
-user changable sort ordering (realtime)
-sort order preferences
-other preferences

greetings,

arjan
you said
Quote:hi,

your real mac adres in not needed, you can fake what you want.
but in order to be kiss compatibel you should at least fake the 12 char playerid from a kiss player.

for onlinestreams it doesn't matter, a long it is unique

would you tell me how to do this please?
(lake_wake @ sep. 22 2004,16:26 Wrote:you said
Quote:hi,

your real mac adres in not needed, you can fake what you want.
but in order to be kiss compatibel you should at least fake the 12 char playerid from a kiss player.

for onlinestreams it doesn't matter, a long it is unique

would you tell me how to do this please?
hi,

change in your simplekml.py script like the folowing:

you need to edit the url part as folows :

if url.count('?'):
else:

i did this in the downloadimage() function (i don't know this is needed), and i did this in the downloadplaylist() function.

you can also download my version as an example if you like.

the 12xx part is your (faked) playerid.

also with that 12-char playerid you _can_ register, and use some additional features.

bookmarks is one main feature, and i just implemented dynamic sort en selection options. however, i'm busy with the "let the user change there own perferences" part.

when you're registered secuesfully and you put the registered playering in yuor kml browser, you should see your settings when you browse to "list my info" , which is on the right top of the main menu.

hope that helps.

greetings,

arjan
can you use this script to stream musicbrigade.com files, its a pay site ? this is only thing i miss on my xbox

dowhat
(dowhat @ sep. 26 2004,08:32 Wrote:can you use this script to stream musicbrigade.com files, its a pay site ? this is only thing i miss on my xbox

dowhat
sure should be no real problem.
however, i can't get now on the site, as it says i've a wrong media player:
"you must upgrade your windows media player

we have detected that you have an out of date version of
windows media player "

as i'm working within linux now, i don't have _the_ media player.
you can regiser, and add the links yourself?

i've a look this week.

greetings,
news about onlinestreams.

i created some new functionality
0-key let you change the current sort order of streams
1-key lets you change the current selection.

in both cases you rotate throught the predefined sortorders/selections.

for the numeric keys to work you need a modified simplekml browser on:
http://www.onlinestreams.nl/software/simplekml-keys.py

of course there are more streams to watch, but still i can use a little help to fill the database.

at this moment the site still runs at my desktop pc, but it seems i can host in short time. details will follow.

greetings,
hi,

the most recent version is currently running, and the most importand change is the possebility to add the direct links to .pls and .asx file.

the conversion (media link extraction) is done by my onlinstreams server, as xbmc still can't read that popular format.

so no shitty manual medialink extraction has to be done _by hand_.

planned/working on:
-osd reviewer functionality
-more sorting/selection options
-osd user preferences, and via the website.

you still can the site at the usual place.

greetings,

arjan
hi,

i'd put a new modified simplekml browser on my site.
get it at:
http://www.onlinestreams.nl/software/sim...0041005.py

extra features on top of the original:
-added faked kiss playerid
-make numeric keys working
-removed http user-agent (thanks to kraqh3d)
-playerid is now on top of the script, at only one place (thanks to kraqh3d)
-it emulates firmware 288 now, and gives some extra screen resolution information. i' don't do anything with it _yet_ at my onlinestreams site, but you neven know.

you also find the software when you're registered and login.

there is still a bug in it (also in the original):
some sites provide one empty line before the kml/xml page, this browser doesn't take it. (tinystocks for example).

i someone like to fix the extra-line-before-kml bug, please let me know.

greetings,

arjan
hi,

i created some screenshots, have a look on:
http://www.onlinestreams.nl/

greetings,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New KML site: Onlinestreams0