• 7(current)
Alaska development thread
jtap06 Wrote:I am really loving that landscape TV show view djh just posted! Smile

+1 Nod
Looking for some feedback On the MusicOSD and MusicVisualisation screens

MusicVisualisation

MusicOSD
CF2009 Wrote:

MusicVisualisation

MusicOSD

I'm liking the idea of these. However, I'm thinking that with the minimalist style of Alaska perhaps we don't need to have all that information or all of those buttons displayed all of the time? I think it would be best to use the same osd for music/movies/tv shows as far as possible to ensure consistency. How often to we actually use all of the buttons that come up? I'd bet not often. Perhaps we could have just a couple but if you then scroll along the less used buttons animate in?
jaytyler Wrote:I'm liking the idea of these. However, I'm thinking that with the minimalist style of Alaska perhaps we don't need to have all that information or all of those buttons displayed all of the time? I think it would be best to use the same osd for music/movies/tv shows as far as possible to ensure consistency. How often to we actually use all of the buttons that come up? I'd bet not often. Perhaps we could have just a couple but if you then scroll along the less used buttons animate in?

Oh, and could we add the current time and end time for tv & movies?
jaytyler Wrote:I'm liking the idea of these. However, I'm thinking that with the minimalist style of Alaska perhaps we don't need to have all that information or all of those buttons displayed all of the time? I think it would be best to use the same osd for music/movies/tv shows as far as possible to ensure consistency. How often to we actually use all of the buttons that come up? I'd bet not often. Perhaps we could have just a couple but if you then scroll along the less used buttons animate in?

On the MusicVisualisation screen having the MP3 info on the side is a bit more then anyone would need so i will make that optional...

Out of the buttons on MusicOSD i do not use is the visualisation settings one all of the others i use onec in a while and it nice to have them there, but if more people would like it to be more minimalist then the othere buttons can be optionalBig Grin

jaytyler Wrote:Oh, and could we add the current time and end time for tv & movies?
I'm just playing with Music right now but i think current time and end time will be on the Video OSD...
CF2009 Wrote:On the MusicVisualisation screen having the MP3 info on the side is a bit more then anyone would need so i will make that optional...

Out of the buttons on MusicOSD i do not use is the visualisation settings one all of the others i use onec in a while and it nice to have them there, but if more people would like to it more minimalist then the othere buttons can be optionalBig Grin

I'm just playing with Music right now but i think current time and end time will be on the Video OSD...

Sounds great, really good that the community can pull together like this. Very worried that we'll fall victim to 'design by committee' though so i'll keep anything else to myself.
Not sure if DJH really had any vision for what the music visualization screen should look like, and I know your not really looking for opinions either, but I'll throw out my 2c anyway...

The preview you gave looks fine to me, but, it also looks pretty much like every other skin IMO. I'd like to see something Big, Bold and Simple.

Just an example, but the top and bottom info bars could be toggled seperately to be either always on, always off, or to just pop up on each song change....
cf2009,

Are you working with Hitcher on those improvements and if/when they get "approved" they go on Hicher's Alaska github?
CF2009 Wrote:

MusicVisualisation

MusicOSD
Nice work there mate.

I've sent you a PM.
Hitcher Wrote:A life.

Kss ... Who need a life anyway, it's sooo overatted ... Rofl

Just kidding, thanks to everybody who's working to finish this skin Smile
joebrady Wrote:The preview you gave looks fine to me, but, it also looks pretty much like every other skin IMO. I'd like to see something Big, Bold and Simple.
I would second a 'big, bold and simple' approach. I think keeping Alaska as clutter free as possible is a good goal to have. Do we really need to know the codec, bitrate, sample rate and how many channels are playing? Personally I'd like to see the album cover 600x600 and have no actual visualisation in the background just the normal off white gradient background of the rest of the skin but I know others like to see the visuals.

Also, I think the OSD should at least include the Album cover if possible to keep it consistent with having it globally displayed everywhere else in the skin.

Nice work so far though.
Quote:Looking for some feedback On the MusicOSD and MusicVisualisation screens

The bar turns a little too gray... perhaps it would look better if it weren't transparent? It doesn't really feel light or bright to me.

I'm not a huge fan of the color the greyed out red turns to, but that might be exactly what Alaska should be...

There's really nothing wrong with it, but maybe joebrady is right, it could be more original. The cdcover could be a little angled
(kind of like these pictures -> http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/435063/alaska..._misc2.jpg ) just as an inspirational idea.

I might sound negative but that's not my intention. Keep up the great work!

That bottom bar fits perfectly with the ALASKA theme! Very nice work.

As for the visualizations, I would scrap that. When you think of the ALASKA skin you think of bright, bold, crisp, clean themes. This is to dark, IMO.
weavus Wrote:i would second a 'big, bold and simple' approach. I think keeping alaska as clutter free as possible is a good goal to have. Do we really need to know the codec, bitrate, sample rate and how many channels are playing? Personally i'd like to see the album cover 600x600 and have no actual visualisation in the background just the normal off white gradient background of the rest of the skin but i know others like to see the visuals.

Also, i think the osd should at least include the album cover if possible to keep it consistent with having it globally displayed everywhere else in the skin.

Nice work so far though.

exactly!
Weavus Wrote:I would second a 'big, bold and simple' approach. I think keeping Alaska as clutter free as possible is a good goal to have. Do we really need to know the codec, bitrate, sample rate and how many channels are playing? Personally I'd like to see the album cover 600x600 and have no actual visualisation in the background just the normal off white gradient background of the rest of the skin but I know others like to see the visuals.

Also, I think the OSD should at least include the Album cover if possible to keep it consistent with having it globally displayed everywhere else in the skin.

Nice work so far though.

I agree.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska development thread8