• 2(current)
Alaska development thread
Ayla Wrote:Hitcher,

Thanks for the first commit fixes.

Have you fixed "Videos" yet?

Is it an easy fix?
I've got it sort of working.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Hey hitcher as I have massive respect for you, but wont be using this skin anytime soon; I still wanted throw out a suggestion: Before working on any other addition/screen/anything; fix the black/blank screens.

No matter how temporary the gfx or text may bey those are what I would concentrate on first.

Smile Enjoy
Thanks for the input; that's exactly what I'm hoping to do but I might have to borrow from other skins (PM3.HD properly) to start with as long as no-one has any objects.
temmi2000 Wrote:Will you give us access to the github repo?
Or should we fork your project?
What would work best?
Hitcher, you're the man.

Quick noob question: Whats up with the icons (movie, TV, settings, games, pics, etc..)? How come the do not look like duncan's video?
He's removed the use of them.
Hitcher Wrote:I've got it sort of working.

Great, thanks!

As soon as "Videos" is working, I will switch to this skin...

And then start to improve it, I hope.
Hitcher Wrote:He's removed the use of them.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooShocked
Is there a simple way to change the icons in the menu, to somewhat resemble his original vision?

Is this done by editing an .xml file and simply changing the path to an icon of my choosing? If so, where would I find this xml file?
The images are still there so could be used but I'm not sure about their permission status.
nvaia Wrote:Is there a simple way to change the icons in the menu, to somewhat resemble his original vision?

Is this done by editing an .xml file and simply changing the path to an icon of my choosing? If so, where would I find this xml file?
Home.xml.
I'm not a skinner, the only way I can help is doing the dutch translation. So I'll be doing that

cheerz
* azido can do the german translations.

how to exit from alaska? no shutdown yet?

edit: what an incredible fast scrolling.
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:/me can do the german translations.

how to exit from alaska? no shutdown yet?

edit: what an incredible fast scrolling.

Press ALT+F4
that will get you out
or End.
Hitcher Wrote:Home.xml.

NICE! I have much to learn from you master...

Last noob question for you...When I change the icon in the menu, it is still surrounded by the clear square window. How do I remove that square window to only show the icon in all its glory?
bb10 Wrote:or End.

great.. i newer knew about that END button. thanks Smile
cheers,azido :;):
Hitcher Wrote:The images are still there so could be used but I'm not sure about their permission status.
You mean the original icons or the fanart type pictures he later showed? If you mean the original icons I would remove them from github as I recall Duncan saying he had not asked for permission to use them yet.

Nice job on getting the placeholder ones in there. This is exactly what we need for the short term, quick win fixes to get at least a mostly functioning skin.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska development thread8