Music Library Search Cursor no popup keyboard
Oh god, I don't want to show that I'm such a newb, but I am.

I have searched, on the title phrase and many variations on it and found nothing that worked (I explain below what I tried from this search that produced no success)

I am using XBMC for windows on a vista machine, the PM3.HD skin with all defaults intact. I am using XBMC version pre-9.10 r21183 (Compiled Jun 21, 2009). I only use a remote for navigation.

In a nutshell, when I'm in library mode in the music and go to the search mode, a cursor appears next to the "search" word and no pop up keyboard.

When I am in library mode for video and I go to search, i do get the pop up keyboard.

Also, when I go to filter mode in the music library, I do get the pop up keyboard.

My above search had me add <navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard>
to my advanced.xml file (The only other features in advanced xml are to call an external player for HD movis)

This didn't help.

I have scoured the skin settings and the appearance settings and found nothing to change that would make a difference.

Just as an aside, if I do have a keyboard, the cursor in the library music search does work with the letters on the keyboard. Also, if I double left click the "search" tab, the pop up keyboard does appear.

Any ideas?
Not supported for remotes that emulate the keyboard.

A patch to add SMS support to the edit control would be most welcome!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

While I appreciate your response, it confuses me. As noted in my post, this works perfectly in the Video library, but not in the Music Library. I was hoping that somehow I simply hit a switch that caused this nasty cursor to appear in the search tab of the music library.

How can this "not be supported" when it works in the video library? I am very confused now.
Music != Video. The music search button is an editcontrol, not a button. You should be able to hit the "search" node in the music library in the meantime.

It works just fine for everything _except_ remotes that pretend to be keyboards.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You can get the popup keyboard for searching in music library.
And indeed you have to change the search function in the skin file..from edit control to button orsomething..that was it Smile

I have my remote signals converted to keyboard input..works fine..

If you need more info...I'll look into how i did it exactly..but I'm guessing you should be fine after editting the skin file..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Search Cursor no popup keyboard0