New Project
It's been a while since I have put together any new mockups. In the time since I last posted mockups, I still have not learned coding, so if anyone has a major interest in this project I will definitely need a person or persons coding.

The purpose of this project is a blend of a lot of things going on in the XBMC community at the moment. Simplicity of design while allowing a very customized end user experience. Another aim is to have a skin that is responsive and is not a system resource hog, but also to do all of this without sacrificing a polished and beautiful user interface.

I truly hope you all enjoy these screens and maybe this project will become a fully working skin sometime in the future. If not, hopefully they may be an inspiration, in one way or another, for new skinners or designers to create the next great XBMC skin.

HOME SCREEN

HOME SCREEN SUB-MENU

HOME SCREEN SUB-MENU W/ NOW PLAYING

HOME SCREEN SUB-MENU W/ NOW PLAYING - FANART ENABLED

MUSIC LIST W/FANART

I truly hope you guys enjoy these mockups. As I said before, I do not know coding so if anyone is interested in this project, please PM me. I would love to get a working version of these mockups. Hopefully you guys are interested this as well.
Nice to see your still hard at work with xbmc skins, It looks nice clean and simple 3 major ingredients for a great skin not sure about the font style but i guess people would get used to it, Just one question wheres the clock? or have you left that off on purpose.

I do hope somebody comes forward to help you code this as it really does look good and i am certain it will appeal to a lot of usersSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Just one question wheres the clock? or have you left that off on purpose.

I actually just forgot the clock. I can't believe i did that.

Thanks for the kind words. It's a very early work in progress and I have spent a total of about 2 hours on all the screens. Let me expand on the purpose of this project. With Alaska being picked up by Hitcher I figured it is always nice for people to have options as far as skins go. I am thinking that this project would allow for many color themes and very easy customization just like Alaska, but give them a different user interface with similar goals. Most of the goals Duncan set for Alaska are similar to what I originally conceptualized Serenity to be. Unfortunately the project was rushed quite a bit and never completely finished. Although they are or at least were working on V2. Hopefully DigitalHigh is still hard at work on that project.

If anyone is interested in coding for this project, let me know. Also, don't feel committed to it from the beginning. We can workout a home screen and then look at it and see if we want to move forward with the whole skin. If not we scrap it and move on to something else.
I assumed the clock might be an oversight, not to worry.
It would be nice to see this come to light as it looks like it may be a another good one for the xbox boys and girls, i can't believe there's been so little feed back on this as it looks every bit as nice as Alaska and you don't need sunglasses to look at this if you've used it you will know what i mean by that. Good luck with thisSmile
I'll be watching........
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I like that people are thinking/creating more brighter skins...

@paul

Yea on my main computer I use to test and mod, Alaska seemed fine. Once I put it on my 42" HTPC I had the sunglass thought too...Though I have been staring at dark Aeon for 4-5 months.
paul Wrote:I assumed the clock might be an oversight, not to worry.
It would be nice to see this come to light as it looks like it may be a another good one for the xbox boys and girls, i can't believe there's been so little feed back on this as it looks every bit as nice as Alaska and you don't need sunglasses to look at this if you've used it you will know what i mean by that. Good luck with thisSmile
I'll be watching........

Agreed but I may be have a small bias. I try to put together skins that are simple, but complex while having a smaller than normal footprint. I do still have an xbox lying around in my network and i know there are a ton of users in this community who still use the xbox1 as well. As designers and skinners we can't look past that large group of users. It's very unfair to create a design for a group smaller than the whole. That is only opinion and I love all of the work done by designers such as DJH. Aeon is amazing work and Alaska was shaping up very nice. Mediastream is another skin I love and i use Plex so i see it all the time. When it comes to what I enjoy designing I think about the community as a whole. We can still create very dynamic and beautiful user interfaces without it being a system hog. Hopefully someone will jump on board or even take over this project. I have a few different designs in the works so if interested, please get in touch with me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Project0