Why isn't xbmc listed on distrowatch?
Not even in waiting list?
Well, XBMC is just an app. so XBMC Live is just a smallish distro to boot the app, infact it's just ubuntu but stripped. Sure it would qualify for distrowatch but it's not necessarily a good PR thing.

Linux is "scary", XBMC is not. We don't want people to be scared of XBMC Live Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I agree, but thought that being on ditrowatch would allow more people to learn about xbmc. It has a category for that - multimedia.
Topfs2 Wrote:Well, XBMC is just an app. so XBMC Live is just a smallish distro to boot the app, infact it's just ubuntu but stripped. Sure it would qualify for distrowatch but it's not necessarily a good PR thing.

Linux is "scary", XBMC is not. We don't want people to be scared of XBMC Live Smile

Just how is linux "scary"?

I support windows for a living, that's why I run Linux at home. I hate fixing shit now. I just want shit to work.
j3ff Wrote:Just how is linux "scary"?

I support windows for a living, that's why I run Linux at home. I hate fixing shit now. I just want shit to work.

Damn I didn't want to go into that discussion. I use linux daily and personally feel it much easier to use and handle than windows, but you can't argue that the general consensus of the average joes is this.

I'm just trying to explain why we haven't applied yet, if anyone wants to add us they can afaik.

We want to be regarded as an application which works no matter the plattform, XBMC Live should be regarded as OS-less for the average joe, they don't need to care (not that they look at distrowatch Smile ). for the masses XBMC Live should be "pop in the CD and XBMC boots" much like android. It's linux to but no need to push that information as it's irrelevant. Same as routers that run linux.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why isn't xbmc listed on distrowatch?0