force 1080p on xbmc startup
Information 
my pc overscans my tv. which is fine because xbmc resizes everything, but every time i turn my computer off. when i turn it back on and go to xbmc its back down to 720p and i have to set it to auto then turn off and then back on then back to 1080p and then video calibrate again.

is there some settings that will force it to keep the 1080p and video calibrate?

thanks

ubuntu 9.04
This is an Xorg problem, not an XBMC one. See their docs/support channels, get your system configured correctly, XBMC should work fine.
I would not be so sure it's an xorg problem. I'm having the same problem since I compiled a certain svn version 222...something I think, while I never had it before. Then I had found a thread here which said it was indeed an xbmc issue which had been resolved in a newer revision...so now, while I'm still looking for that working revision, I wonder what revision you are using megadeth. At the same time, I'll explore the xorg theory and eventually how to solve it.
Look into EDID, and modelines. Also, you might want to resort to staying at an older revision that worked for you as currently SVN is unstable. 22528 is the last version announced before a big merge of some new code which was expected to break some things.
well the overscan problem is no doubt my xorg. i have tried many guides including edid and modelines stuff with no results. im thinking about updating my video card so i can run hdmi to hdmi. right now i run dvi to hdmi. i just thought there would be a setting that would force xmbc to use a certain resolution no matter what?

im using one of the daily builds. have to check, but i just updated a few days ago. i have always had this problem.

i tried suspend before and that seems to work, but then it messes with my optical out audio :p seems like anyway i do it im back in the same spot.

just a pain to have to reset the resolution and calibration everytime i turn on my computer.
changing from dvi to hdmi will not change anything. I'm also researching this issue. Those saying they solved it (and those who know) say it's a tv problem and not xorg or something else, and they found some tv osd config which solved things.
if you don't have driver issues / use the latest, you may try to move your .xbmc folder somewhere else. Then also move your xorg.conf somewhere else and create a completely new one (without all those options), and start xbmc-standalone, which will create a new guisettings.xml. Your 720 resizing issue should be gone. If that is the case, you may then re-add those xorg/nvidia options - if you really need them - and check if things are still ok after each change....

But the overscan when NOT using xbmc will still remain, I think.
megadeth Wrote:my pc overscans my tv. which is fine because xbmc resizes everything, but every time i turn my computer off. when i turn it back on and go to xbmc its back down to 720p and i have to set it to auto then turn off and then back on then back to 1080p and then video calibrate again.

is there some settings that will force it to keep the 1080p and video calibrate?

thanks

ubuntu 9.04

I had the same issue and fixed it. I wrote an article about it on my blog:

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/xbmc-live-vaste-...reshrates/

To summarize, because it's only in dutch:

Set your resolution to the one you want to have by default. Make a dump to an edid file:

Code:
nvidia-xconfig -extract-edids-from-file=xlog.txt -extract-edids-output-file=tv-edid.bin

And change the xorg.conf, point to the correct file:

Code:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-1:/home/xbmc/tv-edid.bin"
EndSection

My whole xorg.conf, to be sure:

Code:
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "NoLogo" "True"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-1"
Option "metamodes" "1920x1080_60 +0+0"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Option "DynamicTwinView" "false"
Modes "1920x1080_60"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Restart X right after. I'm using an Acer Revo with HDMI. To output to HDMI by default use:

Code:
Option “ConnectedMonitor” “DFP-1″

I'm using a Panasonic Plasma and expericed that 60hz will make the menu's move faster. Check the option and modes line to have that as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
force 1080p on xbmc startup0