Library: nationality filter
i miss a way to filter movies on nationality. could this be done in newer builds?
just me that needs this?
Sorry for kind of hijacking your thread, but I'd much prefer a language-filter...

I mostly watch english movies, but when watching with friends and/or family they prefer their native tongue, so a filtering option would be quite handy...
That sounds like a good idea. I currently have only English movies in my library and browse my German collection via the files menu when I need it. The language setting could be for the entire source and use the audio stream data if available.

For now it would be possible to do something like that with the Smart Playlist feature based on the AudioLanguage attribute of the video files (read by the media flagging feature). But this will only work if the files contain the language information for the streams (probably most mkv and mp4 containers).

If there were an additional setting for the source selection dialog, this could be used as a default value for all movies in a folder where no such information is available in the files themselves.
yea language filter is fine by me. basically get the country or language info from imdb. not sure if the other sites there it scrapers from have that info. i just need it for when my mom is visiting and have a movie selection in a language she understand Big Grin
I think you can do this via smartplaylists?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library: nationality filter0