Rolling Lines
Im having a very annoying problem with XBMC. I have lines that roll down the screen constantly, like the refresh rate is off, or im dropping frames. I know this problem is exclusively XBMC because everything plays perfectly fine in VLC or PowerDVD. Ive tried turning on and off the automatic refresh rate, tried adjusting screen size and pixel ratio...Please help!

Also, Im now having problems with...playback speed? It plays slow for a second then does a quick catchup by playing faster, then slows, then catches up....etc.

How To Post in a useful format (in order):
1. XBMC Version 9.04.1
2. Windows XP Pro SP3
3. AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.61Ghz
4. 1.75GB RAM
5. ATI Radeon HD 3200 Driver: 8552.0.0 (Integrated) *I Have tried discrete ATI Cards, but I cannot remember which ones I tried and they are at another house which isnt accessible atm.
6. Realtek ALC889A 5.10.0.5694
7. Sasung 32" LCD LN32A330
I cannot get the debug log? I don't know if its showing up or not. I cant find anything that has a XBMC.log, or anything with the current date as the modified date. checked the appdata folder, and the installation directory, nothing.
Please read stickies on how to post in a useful manner.

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I still havnt been able to find the debug log?
Its not just me then.

I have a similar problem, that has only recently started happening to me.
I bought a new camera which supports HD Video recording so I had to install all the latest drivers. Including the latest nvidia released a couple of weekends ago. Whilst this has speeded up the decoding of H264 and HClite..?

I now have a problem with the refresh rate? video tear in xbmc.
I tried downloading the latest SVN, and ffmpeg drivers but still no dice.

Video playback also works fine for me in window media player, so it does appear to be xbmc specific.

My rig is also a 64 bit. amd athlon.

Full log as follows.

http://pastebin.com/m3aaab84b

I hope this can shed some light?

btw pyori try looking in the folder C:\Users\ youruser \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\UserData\Thumbnails in vista its hidden but you can still cmd into it.
ya, its not there either...It doesnt seem to be found, and yes it IS enabled in XBMC, i checked like 3 seperate times now
or Program files\XBMC\
its not there either, ive checked all the places it SHOULD be. Unless its just XBMC.txt, which i dont think it is because it says it hasnt been modified for a while now. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I really like XBMC, and i dont want to have to stop using it because of some lines during playback
I believe thats the one, and it depends where you opted to store your profile.
However I put a copy of my log in paste bin which sounds like the same issue and no one has commented. I also saw another thread, which sounds like the same issue.

think its a 64bit issue? Did you download the latest ATI drivers? I think thats what started the issues for me.

If you find a fix be sure to let me know, I'll do the same..
Well, im running x86, not 64..so i dont think its 64bit only. when this problem started i had not update anything, the only thing that happened was that i moved. When i set up my TV and all that at my house it started happening. Nothing change during the move process or after that. Since then though i have tried updating everything i can
The log file is called xbmc.log

Crazy, I know.
SlaveUnit Wrote:The log file is called xbmc.log

Crazy, I know.

So it is, Vista removed the file extension. Big Grin well I never.. Eek
=/ mine says XBMC.txt
Just to add to this thread,

I have convinced a colleague to run xbmc on his rig, he has 64 bit architecture, but is running windows 7 (x86).

So this is sounding more like a 64bit architecture thing.
However he only seemed to get this problem with mkv files.
well im on my laptop at school right now, but maybe i did install my copy of XP Pro x64. Ill have to check when i get home. As for the filetype, mine are all .iso
I had a problem with image tearing, set vertical blank sync to always enabled. Or you could use your graphics driver software (ie catalyst) to force this setting on. It would be in the 3d section of your vid card configuration.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rolling Lines0