Rolling Lines
jihiggs Wrote:I had a problem with image tearing, set vertical blank sync to always enabled. Or you could use your graphics driver software (ie catalyst) to force this setting on. It would be in the 3d section of your vid card configuration.

you sir, are amazing. Whats funny is that i tried that setting like 4 times. but all of a sudden there is no tearing! WOO
I also had that problem with the last updates. After reading this post I've come to find a solution for my system (Vista 32 and ATI Card), but it surely works for yours, too. The "problem" is the "vertical blank sync" parameter. Setting it to "always enabled" may resolve the problem. It didn't work for me. So, the next step is modifying this parameter using your graphics card control panel . For those of you with an ATI card, it should be the Catalist Control Center. But I couldn't find this setting (and a lot other) in my Control Center. If that's your case, no problem. Download ATI Tray Tools for Vista (there's a version for XP too) and once installed do the following:
- Right mouse buton on ATI Tray Tool
- Select 3D --> Wait for vertical sync and set it to "always on". And Voila!

I hope this solution works for all of you as it did for me.

Adios.

Fran Davila
--------------
:-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rolling Lines0