[XBOX] (Better) Support For 48hz Refresh Rate
Rainbow 
Hi, thanks for reading! Smile

I recently asked in the XBOX Help Section whether the XBox version of XBMC could play 24fps DVDs at a refresh rate of 48hz, so as to make timing computations easier (by dispensing completely with 3:2 pulldown) and motion perfectly smooth.

I got a response that said that the XBox version of XBMC currently has problems doing that. No

I haven't used XBMC in a year and I won't get my Xbox back until later this Fall, so that's all I have to go by. If the XBox XBMC can do it, then of course just forget I said anything. Rofl

Since later this fall when I finally get my Xbox back I'd like to be able to setup my XBMC Xbox once-and-for all, I'm just submitting this feature request in the hopes that some work might be done on the problem in that time - or whenever the devs feel like it, of course. Smile

I know it's kind of a weird request, but for those of us (all half-dozen) using CRT Projectors it makes a world of difference. I've never owned a digital HDTV so I don't know whether they like to playback 24fps material at 48hz too... Huh

Okay, thanks again for reading, thanks for XBMC, bye!!! Big Grin
I'm not actually a dev but I've seen similar requests before, if I recall correctly it isn't possible because the xbox devkit does not expose any refresh rates to the developer except 50 and 60hz.

Also the xbox version isn't really a focus anymore, the linux and windows builds can both do all kinds of refresh rate related awesomeness, reclocking, automatically switching the tv refresh to match source material, etc etc, you may want to invest in a 'real' htpc if these kinds of features interest you.
Hi Freddo! Thanks for letting me know!

That's a good point - maybe that would be for the best...especially since the XBox apparently can't ever do it properly. Confused

I've got an HTPC presently and was hoping to switch back to XBMC just because it's so much more straightforward; for example, neither PowerDVD nor TotalMedia Theatre work properly with my projector, I have to use KMPlayer and the video quality is much worse for some reason.

But i guess that's all stuff for some other post/forum, sorry Nod

Thanks again, bye

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] (Better) Support For 48hz Refresh Rate0