XBMC wicked remote.... (i hope)
finnaly spent some time setting up my remote properly for xbmc today...

if you would like the same setup i believe the remote was around 20$ canadain at walmart... the jp1 programming interface was built by myself. they can also be purchased online. search http://www.google.ca for 'jp1' and you'll find lots of recourses on jp1 remote programming...

i went through the rca tv/dvd remote codes... this setup should have absolutly no conflicts with other rca equipment (at least dvd players and tvs) which i know all of you hate.

so here it is....

large image

what you need...

1x jp1 remote
1x jp1 cable
1x remotemaster (1.06 i latest i believe)
1x program called 'ir' (5.01 minimum)
1x my keymap.xml
1x my xbmc.rmdu

the software can be found if you search google for 'jp1' all files for jp1 stuff is in a yahoo group... yes you have to subscribe <_<

anyways... first put some batteries into your jp1 remote and hook it up to your pc.
load up the ir.exe program and go under 'interface' and select 'check interface' make sure it works. yes batteries are required! and long cables will make your jp1 remote not connect

now that that works lets load up the xbmc.rmdu.
start remotemaster (make sure you run the 'setup.bat' first) and load the xbmc.rmdu config.

oooh its fancy. if you want to change anything help yourself. also if you have a different jp1 remote change the currently selected remote and you can assign the keys how you see fit.

next, click on 'output' then click the copy button as you see here

now lets pop back into ir.exe...
click on devices...
then add
then paste the info in as in the diagram below

now almost done...
pop back over to the 'general' tab

make sure that whichever device you want to be xbmc is set to 'cbl/sat' and code '1052' (unless you changed either in remotemaster)
now you can use codes for any other hardware you have... these codes can be found in your manual or you can get custom user made setups on the jp1 group at yahoo and import them the same way (watch your memory though)
i recommend to set another button to dvd/0522 which will allow your universal to function with the ms dash and any other dashboard still.
now make sure your remote is connected all nice... and click 'upload to remote' (its right under the big red arrow above)

it takes no time at all to upload

now upload the keymap.xml to xbmc

ta da! your done

you can move keys around in remotemaster if you like
post your changes... we'll make something nice

(if some keys dont work lemme know... ill fix it)
awesome idea :d

well done ! i might give it a go too ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC wicked remote.... (i hope)0