Help with python plugin for squeezebox
Hi all,

I'm very new to XBMC development. I've been a user for a couple of months, but only recently I've been tinkering around with the code and plugins, so please bear with me Smile

I'm trying to develop a plugin to control my squeezebox setup. I know that everything is remote, so XBMC (at least at first) would not be playing the files itself. It would only send commands to the slimserver so that it can play them.

So I'm writing a plugin based on the iTunes one, and although it is still very rudimentary, I can now browse the remote music collection, download thumbnails and click on a track or album and get it to play (on a squeezebox, not xbmc).

I'm passing an http url as a thumbnail for each song or album. Albums are fine, but currently XBMC will download the same file for all the songs in an album, because each item has a different path. Is there a way to avoid this and just use the parent's thumbnail?

Thanks!
Unfortunately not that I know of, at least not with you downloading the thumb yourself locally and then setting it (not ideal!)

The thumbmanager is currently pretty dumb, so it doesn't know that these thumbs are all coming from the same source.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with python plugin for squeezebox0