• 7(current)
Interlaced output without conversion?
Sad 
(jubilex @ oct. 01 2005,17:00 Wrote:i get noticeably better picture quality playing dvds with dvd-x, which outputs at 480i, then with xbmc, which upscales to at least 480p, and 720p for pal dvds.
are you using mplayer for the new dvdplayer for playback in xbmc?, ...and can you please try with both to see if your issue is just with one or the other? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i am playing with the 05.10.17 build and it looks like the interlaced handling is set to none. is there a way to change it to auto?
i second this guy. interlaced handling should be set to auto.
problem with auto is that we have no good way of knowing that a source is interlaced (we don't analyse frames, only rely on flags in codec). it has a tendency to enable way to much, when it really shouldn't. the interlaced scaling that has to be done then is way way worse than normal scaling. exactly why this is the case with the moderate scaling we do i have no idea. something might be wrong with it, but i'm not sure.

this is why it is disabled by default.. normally you should only need to change it to auto once for every movie you wish, but i've seen that it doesn't allways save.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

would it be possible to impliment an filename extention filter to enable/disable deinterlacing? dvr's are likely people largest source of interlaced material and they often label their recordings with unique extentions

thanks
loto
i agree that interlace should stay at off by default. there are many dvds that are flagged incorrectly, and setting to auto by default would be unreliable.
Just curious if this old issue was ever resolved? I see that the current XBMC builds no longer have any field sync options available. Is there another way to enable interlaced output of interlaced mpeg2 sources?

Thanks.
Yeah I'm wondering about this too, I've been messing with the options on interlacing in xbmc to no avail - the picture simply doesn't match my prehistoric ondigital box. (UK PAL DVB-T)

Did the folk at mplayer ever get on top of this?
weave is same as field sync for interlaced displays.

they have some deinterlacer, none adaptive thou, ie that can be enabled by default.

elupus Wrote:weave is same as field sync for interlaced displays.

I'll try it out!

Quote:they have some deinterlacer, none adaptive thou, ie that can be enabled by default.

What is it you mean here? Mplayer doesn't have an adaptive deinterlacer, so you don't support it as it can't be enabled by default (for usability reasons)?

Huh
all their deinterlacers generally have to be tweaked in some way depending on source, it it's not adaptive.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interlaced output without conversion?0