New audio problem
I had some sound issues when i first installed XBMC on my Acer Aspire Revo that MP3 files would be played back with about a 10% speed increase, turning it into smur-like music and also that the sound didn't begin until after 1-2 seconds into the playback. After some good help from this forum i ended up with .asoundrc file that looked like this (it also made crossfading on mp3 work):

http://blog.barfoo.org/wp-content/upload...6/asoundrc

The old thread is here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55091

Then i bought a new TV and ran into some video playback issues that got resolved with custom modelines. I then decided to do a complete re-install and try to learn some linux in the process. I installed Minimal ubuntu and then XBMC. Things are working pretty good...except the audio problem is back..sorta.

I have tried using the .asoundrc i had earlier but this now results in NO audio during mp3 playback and also no audio on video files that does not have digital audio (AC3,DTS).

If i delete my .asoundrc file and have my output device and throughput device set to HDMI, i get audio on all things, except that the MP3 playback is smurf-like again. I have tried to set from 'default' to 'plughw:0,3' but this results in no audio again.

So to sum up

Scenario 1
.asoundrc in /home/xbmc
default audio device - default
audio throughput device - hdmi
Result : No audio on mp3, No audio on video with non-AC3/DTS sound

Scenario 2
NO .asoundrc in /home/xbmc
default audio device - hdmi
audio throughput device - hdmi
Result: Audio on MP3 but 10% increased playback speed / does not start playback until 1-2 seconds into the song. Audio on all videos

I'm a bit stuck since i simply can't figure out why the .asoundrc file im using was working perfectly earlier, before my re-install.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hardware: Acer Aspire Revo
Architecture: i686
XBMC SVN: 9.04.1 r20654
Install Method: Installed to HDD via XBMC Live USB Flash utility
Anyone?
I can see you are running a pretty old SVN build of XBMC.
Have your tried with more recent versions ?
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
If after upgrading you still have the problem. Could you post a debug log?
I'm gonna try upgrading it then, no problem.

I do have a silly question however...how exactly do i upgrade to the latest SVN using linux term? ;-|
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

be sure to have the correct repo's in your config file. it's explained in the sticky's
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
the .asoundrc should still work.
try setting analog as plug:hdmi
this will make things playback at correct speed but crossfading still wont work.
If this works then there is probly a file that is overriding your /home/xbmc/.asoundrc file in /etc/
Remember to test ALSA functionality with speaker-test as well. Example:
Code:
speaker-test -c 6
This will isolate issues involving ALSA.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New audio problem0