VDPAU and video OSD defaults
Alright, this has been on my mind for several months now and i finally got off my ass to ask about it..

When vdpau is set as a renderer, mkv/h.264 videos won't always use (default) settings from video OSD. All the video OSD settings are pretty much at "default", only thing i've changed is sharpness to max and pressed "set as default".
When this happens, sharpness is reset back to zero, noise reduction is set to max and "output stereo to all speakers" is enabled. I have to manually reset these in OSD and that video won't have problems with next playback attempts.

From what i've noticed usually (always?) the first playback attempt works fine, and video OSD settings are what they are suppose to be, but when i stop the file and play it again, this is what happens.

What i've tested so far are:
- different XBMC revisions
- different Nvidia driver versions
- completely deleting databases and XBMC user profile

Rev: 22528
Architecture: i686
Geforce 9400GT 512MB and Nvidia driver version 190.16 (HDMI, PC -> Denon AVR-1610 -> Sanyo PLV-Z2000)
Install method: compiled from svn
Debug log: http://pastebin.com/m330c0572
Isn't anyone else experiencing this same problem? I bought a new PC (Asrock ION), installed Arch Linux on it and XBMC revision 22473 and i almost instantly noticed this "bug".
I've noticed many times when VDPAU Sharpness value got switched with noise reduction value. No idea on what basis this happens.. It's random to me.
-
I can now reproduce this every time i want: it always happens with second playback attempt. I checked the video database with sqlitebrowser and sharpness value is stored into noise reduction field in db etc.

Steps to re-produce:

- Enable vdpau
- Set sharpness to any value in video osd and choose set as default
- Play any mkv/h.264 video which isn't in the database yet. When checked from video osd, sharpness is applied correctly
- Stop playback and start it again - now sharpness is 0, noise reduction becomes sharpness value and output stereo to all speakers is enabled. Video database now shows incorrect values.

Instead of whining here i guess i should open a trac ticket :p
Opened a trac ticket for this http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7487
Up we go, i'll provide debug logs (and a sample video file if needed) later today.
Fixed in r24088, that was fast :cool2:
this bug is now again present in latest svns (31xxx+) Sad

EDIT: updated original ticket.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU and video OSD defaults0