Aeon problem when video playback
Hello

I have a problem with the Aeon skin, i LOVE it so i really want it to work.
Hope you can help me.

When I use the Aeon skin the movies are out of synk and the picture are very slow. It cut´s and the flow is very wrong.
If i switch skin to default skin this problem is no more so to speak, the movies flows lika klockwork.

what is wrong ?
Somebody who knows ?

Would really like this to work properly.
think u need to say what system u have. xbmc version and aeon version.
I have the "stark" version of Aeon and XBMC 9.04.1-repack2.

Need info than that ?
Please tell me if so.
SOunds like a performance issue what system are you running on PC Mac XBox ?
It´s a PC.

Intel C2D E8400
Intel G45
4Gb Ram

I don´t belive it´s a hardware issue.
It´s works great in other skins but not Aeon.
Is there no one having a clue about this problem I have Huh??
Intel G45 am I right in saying this is an onboard GFX ? that would be your problem I would guess try updateing your drivers for the board might help.
Or check in the bios and see how much ram you have set aside for the GFX and if you can up it.
Aeon is a very hungry skin I might be wrong but its all i can think off that could be causing the issue as its not the skin itself
as many inc me are using it with no problems.
Okey.

So you meen that the Aeon skin takes much more of the GFX i the background then the default one ??
I will check this.

Be right back with info.
Its not just because you've got the "vertical blank sync" turned off in the Settings -> Appearance -> Screen menu is it? Try enabling that and see. It worked for me when I was getting "tearing" of frames.

Otherwise, this thread provides some good info for fixing choppy video
I will take a look at that, thank´s for the tip.
Turn on debug then you will know what FPS your running at and what your CPU is doing
I have now updated the grafics driver and that solved some of the problem.
The picture are now great but I get lines in the picture when the camera in the movie goes right or left.

"vertical black sync" a cant find where I can change that inside XBMC with the Aeon skin. Do I need something else installed for that Huh
Go to settings/video/player its in there just have a play around I am sure you will get the best settings for your setup.
MaestroSWE Wrote:I have now updated the grafics driver and that solved some of the problem.
The picture are now great but I get lines in the picture when the camera in the movie goes right or left.

"vertical black sync" a cant find where I can change that inside XBMC with the Aeon skin. Do I need something else installed for that Huh

Nope. Press 'S', select "Settings" at the top of the menu, select "Appearance" in the window that appears, cursor down to "Screen", cursor right, then down to "Vertical Blank Sync" then select to change it to "Always enabled". What your experiencing sounds like what I had to start with and the VSync sorted that for me.

EDIT: I notice you're using Aeon Stark - is the VSync menu missing in that release? If so, I suggest you might like to update to the later version Auriga by downloading it here. That might help...?
hmm I´ll check this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon problem when video playback0