Rapier skin FTP to Apple TV issue
I'm trying to install the new Rapier skin and I've run into issues. I'm using a program called Fetch to FTP the Rapier skin folder to my Apple TV. Everything starts out fine, however I end up with the following error:

Fetch could not put "Arte France Cin+©ma.png" because the SFTP server rejected or could not understand a command or file name.

I have loaded many skins using this method without issue. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the long file name or the use of glyphs. I also tried checking the AppleTV and the result is the "version 2.0 or higher required" error message. Has anyone encountered an error like this or knows how to fix it? It seems like a decent skin, I'd like to see how Apple TV handles it.
You know I tried the same thing and was getting that errror using transmit.

Try Cyberduck If you're on a mac. Is free and it worked for me.

On a related note, Rapier works great on the ATV except for the home background, just shows black. Hopefully an update comes soon to make it work with the stable build.
Yeah the tv sftp server seems to not like accented characters. Not sure if it's an UTF-8 issue or what, but I have seen similar issues while uploading other skins that have files containing accented characters.

Didn't think to try Cyberduck…
Thanks Nick,
Worked like a charm. CyberDuck is the way to go.
I see what you mean about the Home Background. It's strange because
the backgrounds are included in the media folder, we just need a Home option to implement them.
TheRightStoph Wrote:Thanks Nick,
Worked like a charm. CyberDuck is the way to go.
I see what you mean about the Home Background. It's strange because
the backgrounds are included in the media folder, we just need a Home option to implement them.

Glad I could help.

Yep, I tried updating the svn for the appletv but it seems that anything other than the Stable build doesnt run too smoothly. The skin works good with the new build however scrolling (especially through thumbnail view) is just extremely slow. I rather not have that background and run the skin as is then to have this run so slow.

Does anyone know a svn build higher than the stable build thats better?
nick8539 Wrote:Glad I could help.

Yep, I tried updating the svn for the appletv but it seems that anything other than the Stable build doesnt run too smoothly. The skin works good with the new build however scrolling (especially through thumbnail view) is just extremely slow. I rather not have that background and run the skin as is then to have this run so slow.

Does anyone know a svn build higher than the stable build thats better?

The r22240 worked well for me on ATV, now I am on 22528 and its fine but all the builds in between were not so great.

The speed also depends on the skin, I could never get the Aeon to run smoothly on ATV, I had some problems on Transparency! but with version 2.01 it is a lot better.I think the "smoothest" skin for the ATV is original MediStream.

Also, if you are running rtorrent or any other application in the background it will slow it down considerably.

Zeljko
Just delete the Images/Studio folder in the Rapier folder before you copy it over and it will work, because some of the image filenames are not proper UTF encoded.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier skin FTP to Apple TV issue0