PS3 Remote with Keyboard
Hi,

(Moderators, if this is the wrong forum, I apologies, please move to correct forum.

Has anybody tried this remote (with builting keyboard). It says it's for PS3 but as it has a USB dongle, would I be right in thinking it would be seen as a HID device under linux?

3-in-1 Wireless Remote
Looks neat.. I might get one if it works..
Well, I threw caution to the wind and bought one. When it arrives, I'll post on here how well it works.
diazamet Wrote:Well, I threw caution to the wind and bought one. When it arrives, I'll post on here how well it works.

cool, good luck. Please do let us know how it goes Big Grin
diazamet Wrote:Hi,

(Moderators, if this is the wrong forum, I apologies, please move to correct forum.

Has anybody tried this remote (with builting keyboard). It says it's for PS3 but as it has a USB dongle, would I be right in thinking it would be seen as a HID device under linux?

3-in-1 Wireless Remote

How about a driver for xbmc in Windows for it I have emailed them to ask!
Ok, the remote finally arrived.

However, success on XBMC has not arrived yet.

When I plug the base in via USB, linux recognises the device ... well in fact it recognises two devices, a usb keyboard, and a usb joystick.

The keyboard works as expected and if I fire up jscalibrator, the joystick device works as expected.

In XBMC, only the keyboard inputs are recognised. Does anyone know how I can get the joystick/joypad inputs to be recognised by XBMC?
diazamet Wrote:Ok, the remote finally arrived.

However, success on XBMC has not arrived yet.

When I plug the base in via USB, linux recognises the device ... well in fact it recognises two devices, a usb keyboard, and a usb joystick.

The keyboard works as expected and if I fire up jscalibrator, the joystick device works as expected.

In XBMC, only the keyboard inputs are recognised. Does anyone know how I can get the joystick/joypad inputs to be recognised by XBMC?

Sounds like you are almost there.. sorry I can't provide advice on sorting this out (but I'm interested to see if you can get it working!)

What's the quality of the device like - ok or cheap 'n' nasty?
supergrapeman Wrote:What's the quality of the device like - ok or cheap 'n' nasty?

I would say the quality is mediocre. It doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart but it doesn't feel like something sony/samsung/panasonic/etc have produced. I have quite large fingers so the keyboard is a little awkward to use. Also, even though the keyboard identifies itself as a standard HID device, when I was playing with Xev, not all the keys triggered events.

Since getting the remote, it has been relegated to a backup remote. I am currently trying to see if I can get my Samsung TV remote to control XBMC so I can reduce the number of remotes instead of adding to them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS3 Remote with Keyboard0