.cbr, .cbz
I looked through the previously posted issues here and couldn't find exactly what I needed. If there is anything, feel free to redirect me there, but here goes. I'm trying to view comics in XBMC and it either can't see them or if it does and I try and open it, it will just sit there and do nothing. I downloaded a .cbr originally, but unpacked it and repacked it as a .cbz and it still wouldn't show up. I new to XBMC so please excuse my noobness. I'm running Ubuntu with the newest version of XBMC, if anything else is needed I'll be happy to give it.
nerdallmighty Wrote:I looked through the previously posted issues here and couldn't find exactly what I needed. If there is anything, feel free to redirect me there, but here goes. I'm trying to view comics in XBMC and it either can't see them or if it does and I try and open it, it will just sit there and do nothing. I downloaded a .cbr originally, but unpacked it and repacked it as a .cbz and it still wouldn't show up. I new to XBMC so please excuse my noobness. I'm running Ubuntu with the newest version of XBMC, if anything else is needed I'll be happy to give it.

This is not really a linux specific question, but in any case...

.cbz = .zip
.cbr = .rar

They are just renamed. I'm not sure if the "images" mode of XBMC supports .cbz and .cbr, but it should certainly support .rar and .zip. Try renaming your files as a test?

=darwin
It's been a long, long time since I've looked at any .cbr comic files in XBMC but one thing I recall from back in my Xbox days is that it only supported rar/cbr files that had no compression.

i.e. images just stored in a contiguous rar archive rather than further compressed.

Don't know whether that was down to the version of the rar .dll on Xbox specifically, or a wider XBMC issue, or even if it's even true any more in more current builds. SorryBlush
that's not true. it always supported compressed cbr/cbz.
Oh, ok.

I must be getting a dose of early onset Alzheimers then and misremembering.

There was *something* that had this issue, and I had to go through my comic collection re-raring a bunch that had compression but if it wasn't for XBMC then I dunno - damned if I can remember what app it was for in that case Wink
OK, I got it guys. I was trying to give the exact file, not where it was. I know.Rolleyes But, I did find out that XBMC doesn't like .cbr. Thanks for the help though.
If cbr isn't working you should probably file a bug report.
I have plenty of cbr files and they worked last time I checked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.cbr, .cbz0