Project Mayhem - fonts not true 16:9
hi!

topic i started in this area was moved to feature suggestions (link)

i continued the thread wondering why fonts are not displayed truely 16:9. in other words, you dont get any extra characters visible from widescreen compared to 4:3. why is this?

i'll quote myself from the original thread:
Quote:now that i studied more, i noticed that project mayhem is true widescreen, but only in a way. at first i tested the wide vs. 4:3 only by comparing filenames' visible length (in my music for example). i noticed only a half a character difference between widemode and 4:3. in other words practically nothing.

now that you told me that there are true wideskins, i tested project mayhem again, using other methods, and noticed that in 4:3 you get 4 icons per row visible in my programs and in 16:9 you get 5 icons. so there's a real benefit there.

but what's with this filename displaying? could it be so that the fonts are only stretched to 16:9 instead of a real anamorphic widescreen? what a shame..

it's a pity since the most important benefit from widescreen for me would be to display longer filenames. the less scrolling filenames the better.

ok, any thoughts are welcome. thanks
i actually had that font being made in condensed style for 16:9 purposes. thou i totally prefer the stretched font on my home widescreen. so i didnt bother adding it...

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok, that clears things out..

is it possible for you to release an add-on pack of these condensed fonts which people could replace the default ones with?

would be greatly appreciated!

thank you
hmm sure i could do that - but that would make all buttons far to wide for the font... - how bout i just make the listview font condensed?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

that would help too. but i'm not sure if the overall impression would then be nice. list view font would look normal, the rest stretched. i personally don't mind the buttons looking too wide.

so, if it's not too big of a trouble for you, i prefer all the fonts condensed.

and for all the hard work you're contributing, thank you :thumbsup:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Project Mayhem - fonts not true 16:90