How do I adjust the brightness?? My movies are too dark
Question 
hello all, i'm running Ubuntu and XBMC of course, and using VDPAU on a supported card and everything works great except my movies are too dark! I am watching Benjamin Button 720p x264 and I can't see very much

supposedly there is a brightness/contrast slider somewhere but it's missing from my options! I've looked everywhere and cannot find them.

How do I adjust this?? I am experiencing too much BLACK CRUSH

Thanks for the help
oh and i'm using the latest supported svn, 22528

thanks
I went in the IRC channel and they thought it was in the OSD when im watching a movie... just to show that its not there, only sharpness and noise reduction:

and yes I am on most recent svn!
Settings -> Videos -> Player -> 'vdpau studio level color conversion'
I am using svn22528 just like locust above, and see nothing about 'vdpau studio level color conversion' in the settings->video->player menu.
Five posts, no log, no request for a log, no one knows WTF is going on... I wonder if there are some connections to be made here...
log: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQz66C...bmNt&hl=en

screenshot:

theuni Wrote:Settings -> Videos -> Player -> 'vdpau studio level color conversion'

no such entry Blush
Same as i .. thought it was strange that it wasnt there anymore under OSD settings .
I had to start an dvdr iso and then go into OSD settings to change the brightness and "apply" it to all movies, when i played an mkv file the brightness i had set was OK .
Regards
/Rico_s
As Rico mentions, in 22528 brightness/contrast correction is gone from VDPAU accelerated material. Play something like a DVD iso or other non-vdpau accelerated material, adjust the brightness and contrast, and set as default for all movies. The changes will carry over to accelerated material.

VDPAU studio level color conversion was added in r22862, not available yet in the current PPA. See this thread for more details: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...lack+crush
sorry i cant figure out how to delete this response

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I adjust the brightness?? My movies are too dark0