• 2(current)
Theater Backdrop for home screen (1080, 720, 4/3)
ronie Wrote:could you post a link to the original, unedited image?

ronie Wrote:by putting a multiimage control behind the backdrop and applying the animated background effects that are already in the skin.
it will get the fanart from xbmc's cache folder (userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart)
i will have to clean up the code a bit and do some more testing. if i'm done i'll post it here.
I'm still not sure I follow you because the background only seems to accept jpg images and as far as I know, there is no transparency in jpgs but maybe that's one of the code cleanup you are talking about.

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:I'm still not sure I follow you because the background only seems to accept jpg images and as far as I know, there is no transparency in jpgs but maybe that's one of the code cleanup you are talking about.

I think you could place the background first as the static image and change the picture on the theater screen over it. I dont think that would be the problem, but I am not sure how you would "distort" the image to fit the theater screen.
jpf55 Wrote:I'm still not sure I follow you because the background only seems to accept jpg images and as far as I know, there is no transparency in jpgs but maybe that's one of the code cleanup you are talking about.

sure you can use .png files as backdrops. it doesn't matter if they're .jpg or .png

Amet Wrote:I think you could place the background first as the static image and change the picture on the theater screen over it. I dont think that would be the problem, but I am not sure how you would "distort" the image to fit the theater screen.

you put the fanart images behind the backdrop, so you don't have to worry about them exactly fitting the movie screen. and by using a rotate animation, you can create a slight angle.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:sure you can .png files as backdrops. it doesn't matter if they're .jpg or .png

you put the fanart images behind the backdrop, so you don't have to worry about them exactly fitting the movie screen. and by using a rotate animation, you can create a slight angle.

Thats why you are Skilled Skinner and I am just guessing :-P

Is there any way to achieve this? Can you give us any pointers?

Thanks
Zeljko
Amet Wrote:Is there any way to achieve this?
yes
Amet Wrote:Can you give us any pointers?
no ;-P
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:yes

no ;-P

Can you do it for us? Big Grin
Amet Wrote:Can you do it for us? Big Grin

i'll see if i can get some work done tomorrow. ;-)
ronie Wrote:i'll see if i can get some work done tomorrow. ;-)

Thanks mate, looking forward to it Big Grin
ronie Wrote:you put the fanart images behind the backdrop, so you don't have to worry about them exactly fitting the movie screen. and by using a rotate animation, you can create a slight angle.

that's good, because i don't have to gimp the images this way, but i think it looks better with static fanart.
r1ctus Wrote:that's good, because i don't have to gimp the images this way, but i think it looks better with static fanart.

you mean without the pan and zoom animations ?
i'm sure i can make those optional...
And I thought Transparency! couldn't get any better... Silly me!
Look forward to this! +1 for making the pan and zoom optional. I'll probably leave them ON though...
i love it!
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
This look really good. Great Job.
Information 
for those that can't wait 'till it's integrated in the next release of Transparency!, here are the files you need to enable it:

- use this backdrop: movies.png
and select it as the background for the 'Movies' button. (Settings > Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Home - Movies > Single Image)

- copy this file to the 720p foler: Home.xml

- to add the animations also copy this file to the 720p folder: Includes.xml
(skip this step if you don't want the pan and zoom animations)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theater Backdrop for home screen (1080, 720, 4/3)1