Additional crossfading options
One simple feature I've always loved about rockbox is that you can adjust both the duration and the delay of the fade out and the fade in.

Just for example, the way I've used this is to have songs fade out for 2 seconds, and have the second track come in with no fade, but after a one second delay. I think this works well for skipping tracks.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
No interest in this?
natew Wrote:One simple feature I've always loved about rockbox is that you can adjust both the duration and the delay of the fade out and the fade in.

Just for example, the way I've used this is to have songs fade out for 2 seconds, and have the second track come in with no fade, but after a one second delay. I think this works well for skipping tracks.

Yea I see the issue with skipping tracks, hmm, iTunes seems to work similarly to how you describe. My suggestion would be to change the fade in seconds to a much shorter time, perhaps just 0. This would be like iTunes, and iPod etc. Does anyone know how crossfade is on other popular players? It would be nice to have as reference.
I'm just realizing I wasn't very clear in my first post. The ability to adjust fade in/out and delay time is a feature of rockbox that I like and would like to see implemented into XBMC. Currently XBMC only lets you adjust the total duration of the crossfade, so fade in and out are always equal.
It's a crossfade, ofcourse they're equal.

To be quite honest, I don't see the use for anything other than what we have. I'm not sure why you want music to fade out but then for the next song to begin abruptly (after a delay no less?)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The way I use it, the next song comes in at full volume while the first song is halfway faded out. The reason I like this is that it allows a subtler ending to a song than being cut suddenly. The reason for no fade in is that songs never begin abruptly; they begin how they're meant to begin, so fading in only takes away a portion of a song for no gain.

Am I making sense?

In any case, it's not a huge deal for me, just something I thought might be a fairly simple improvement.
jmarshall Wrote:It's a crossfade, ofcourse they're equal.

To be quite honest, I don't see the use for anything other than what we have. I'm not sure why you want music to fade out but then for the next song to begin abruptly (after a delay no less?)

Cheers,
Jonathan

Well technically for a crossfade to happen, both fades don't need to be equal in order to cross each other :p. But even if they are symmetrical it doesn't guarantee good end results. What ends up happening in my experience is that tracks tend to overlap in a way which causes dissonance. And it's more evident when one skips songs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional crossfading options0