Color Themes for Transparency!
dondre Wrote:It's my pleasure and really all the congratulations goes to you for starting up this great XBMC skin concept!

That said can you point where to start with it? This would avoid me going through all the structure Smile

sure no problem, the very first thing to do is to (if you haven't already) is to check out the current T! svn, to make sure you're working on the latest files

next:
dondre Wrote:In the \colors folder there's only a single defaults.xml file which looks very basic to me...

make a copy of the file and give it the name of your colortheme (eg. green.xml). this file is used for the text-colors.
just open the files and modify the hex values of the lightblue, blue and darkblue strings to represent whatever green color you need.
(don't change the '*blue' names, only the hex-values).
once done, you should be able to select it: Settings > Appearance > Colours.

after that, you'll need to convert all the blueish images in the media folder to the color you want.
(all grey/white/black images can be left unmodified.)
this may be a lot of work, unless you can come up with a way to batch process the images.

feel free to PM if you get stuck/have specific questions.

cheers mate.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:sure no problem, the very first thing to do is to (if you haven't already) is to check out the current T! svn, to make sure you're working on the latest files

Yep I'm on r429 right now (3.04)

Quote:after that, you'll need to convert all the blueish images in the media folder to the color you want.
(all grey/white/black images can be left unmodified.)
this may be a lot of work, unless you can come up with a way to batch process the images.

Brilliant! I'm gonna pair with a friend of mine who's a Photoshop junkie to batch that up for 5 distinct colors while I'll work on the XMLs!

Now I understand better why it could overweight Transparency if put by default, lot of images replicated many times for each color set, we'll see the result but this would definitely be better as a mod or something I guess.

I'll let you know of the advancement,
Peace mate Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
cool! looking forward to see what you guys are coming up with. :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:cool! looking forward to see what you guys are coming up with. :-)

Hi guys, any news on the themes?

I just installed 3.10.0(not sure of the svn version), from the add-ons of Dharma beta 4 and I noticed that the themes folder is gone, pretty much all the icons are in png format in the media folder and a few icons in jpg for the Settings menu.

There is also a Textures.xbt file, is that the replacement for the old .xpr?

How is the .xbt created ? and does the .xbt contain other icons not in the media folder?

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Hi guys, any news on the themes?

I just installed 3.10.0(not sure of the svn version), from the add-ons of Dharma beta 4 and I noticed that the themes folder is gone, pretty much all the icons are in png format in the media folder and a few icons in jpg for the Settings menu.

There is also a Textures.xbt file, is that the replacement for the old .xpr?
yes.

jpf55 Wrote:How is the .xbt created ?
by running the TexturePacker tool.
TexturePacker.exe -i media -o media\Textures.xbt
jpf55 Wrote:and does the .xbt contain other icons not in the media folder?
nope, only all images inside the mediafolder (and subfolders) are compiled in Textures.xbt
Hi ronie,

So, I take it you have no news from "dondre" on new themes !

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Hi ronie,

So, I take it you have no news from "dondre" on new themes !

correct.
Darn it, I'm getting all sorts of errors when trying to run TexturePacker.

I tried in XP and Win7, first I was told I was missing java, jpeg, jvm, SDL, and SDL_image. dlls. I found them and installed them but now I am getting "The ordinal 50 could not be located in the dynamic link library jpeg.dll"

Any ideas, or is there an actual installer for TexturePacker? I found a link in the skinning wiki but that link is no longer active.

Since I can't open Textures.xbt, I am also wondering why the Textures.xbt file is 66.7mb whereas the media folder without the Textures.xbt is only 11.2mb.

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Darn it, I'm getting all sorts of errors when trying to run TexturePacker.

I tried in XP and Win7, first I was told I was missing java, jpeg, jvm, SDL, and SDL_image. dlls. I found them and installed them but now I am getting "The ordinal 50 could not be located in the dynamic link library jpeg.dll"

Any ideas, or is there an actual installer for TexturePacker? I found a link in the skinning wiki but that link is no longer active.

i think you need to put TexturePacker in the folder where xbmc is installed.

any TexturePacker related questions could better be posted in General Help and Support. ;-)
jpf55 Wrote:Since I can't open Textures.xbt, I am also wondering why the Textures.xbt file is 66.7mb whereas the media folder without the Textures.xbt is only 11.2mb.

the images are converted (not compressed) to another format that allows for faster loading of the images.
Hi ronie,
1- I finally got TexturePacker to work Big Grin

2- I am puzzled Huh, I took all the files from the media folder and changed some of them to start work on a "grey" theme. I ran the resulting folder in TexturePacker and got an .xbt file that is only 20mb whereas the Textures.xbt file is 67mb... any clues

3- In my grey media folder, I altered the "busy" icons which as you know are in a folder within the media folder and I get no errors from TexturePacker but xbmc still uses the blue "busy" icons when scanning for new content...; any ideas on this

Thanks in advance

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Hi ronie,
1- I finally got TexturePacker to work Big Grin

2- I am puzzled Huh, I took all the files from the media folder and changed some of them to start work on a "grey" theme. I ran the resulting folder in TexturePacker and got an .xbt file that is only 20mb whereas the Textures.xbt file is 67mb... any clues

really, no idea.

note, you only have to include the images you have modified in your grey.xbt file
everything you didn't change should not be included as they will be read from Textures.xbt anyway.

jpf55 Wrote:3- In my grey media folder, I altered the "busy" icons which as you know are in a folder within the media folder and I get no errors from TexturePacker but xbmc still uses the blue "busy" icons when scanning for new content...; any ideas on this

did you copy your now grey.xbt file to the media folder of T!?
after that, restart xbmc to have it pick up the new file and select your grey theme in Settings > Appearance > Skin > Theme
ronie Wrote:really, no idea
I'll try to run the media folder contents in TexturePacker to create a new Textures.xbt to see what gives

ronie Wrote:note, you only have to include the images you have modified in your grey.xbt file everything you didn't change should not be included as they will be read from Textures.xbt anyway.
that's great to know but should the "busy" files remain in their folder? also should I rename the media folder to grey prior to running it in TexpurePacker?
ronie Wrote:did you copy your now grey.xbt file to the media folder of T!?
after that, restart xbmc to have it pick up the new file and select your grey theme in Settings > Appearance > Skin > Theme
Yes I placed grey.xbt in the media folder did not restart xbmc every time, I'll make sure

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:that's great to know but should the "busy" files remain in their folder?

yes, keep the subfolder names the same.

jpf55 Wrote:also should I rename the media folder to grey prior to running it in TexpurePacker?

no, as far as i know it doesn't matter what the foldername is.
hello folks, long time no news,

so help me god i'm so much stuck at the moment in "real life" with family & stuff Undecided

i haven't had a chance to have anything worth sharing yet for the color schemes Undecided

may the force be with those who may deliver it, thanks again to the transparency team, ronie T! has never shined as much as it does now can't wait for a add-on update
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Color Themes for Transparency!1