general file nameing question
I have the complete series of a tv show that originally aired as two episodes in a single one hour show. I have them split up to individual half hour episodes however.
Its really not a huge issue until i go to scrape them and thats where I run into the problem... because they are not listed as s01e01.... they are listed as 1-1-1 and 1-1-2 where thetvdb would have both of those listed only as s01e01 which is how they originally aired.

the only thing i can think of to scrape it sorta correctly is to just use s01e01 for both and ignore the fact that in a library view it will look like i have duplicates of every show....

unless thetvdb would like to let me split the info up and re-enter it which, we all know that by all rights i should get a resounding "NO" (and i'd agree with them...lol)

what I DONT know is if there is any other alternative to fix this? if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to toss them out

and sorry if this is not in the right place, there didnt seem to be any really specific place to toss this out.
You should've left them as a single video with s01e01-e02 naming, since we match those by magic. You can then set an episode bookmark and, from the library, they will appear completely autonomous.
What is this 'magic' you speak of?
Would that be the same dark arts used to make still pictures appear to move?

BURN HIM!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
general file nameing question0