XBMC HD Content & Windows When Will The Dream Come True
Hello

First of all thanks for the great job done so far.

When will a new XBMC version be available that is capable of playing at least 720p mkv on the most used OS on the planet (Windows) like most of the less beautiful players on the web.
Since I knew this media player I instantly knew that it was the ALMOST PERFECT ONE simply beatiful only one thing left me very sad It didnt play the 720p mkv fluently maybe this new release will be the PERFECT ONE.

Please make the miracle hapend make this new release be able of playing at least 720p mkv on windows that is the thing everyone is dreaming of.

If the dream comes true I certainly will donate some €uros for this Great Team for the great job, and I think everyone should do the same thing because it is a great HTPC software It will be the best.

Almost everyone uses Windows please help us.

Thanks everyone involved on this project for the work they have done so far congratulations.

Thanks to everyone developing so great Skins for this great Software youre the best.

Forgive me for my poor English Im Portuguese

Thanks
check out the GL and DX builds, they are making great strides....
xbmc plays 720p content under windows with most basic cpu's (celeron 430 plays it just fine)

if you have a newer cpu, 1080p plays as well (~2.5ghz core 2 +)

While there is not yet gpu hardware acceleration, all you need is a faster modern processor for full 1080p playback.

There is also the option of using an external player for xbmc, allowing you to use something like mpchc (media player classic home cinema) that can use gpu hardware acceleration.
I play 1080p all the time with NO issues. I think what you're finding is that your hardware is not capable of the decoding without help of the GPU acceleration. (Which, as noted before is in the works.)

If you are having problems perhaps you could post a debug log, or even more helpful, let us know the specs of the system you are running.

Blacklist.
Thanks for answering

Yes unfortunately I have XBMC installed on a Zotac Ion 330 Dual Core 1.6 I know thats part of the problem since for now XBMC doesn't have GPU acceleration capabilities like other less beautiful software I tested on it but If one day XBMC has those capabilities it will certainly be a very happy day for many persons including me.

I basically only use m720p mkv movies but even with that it has from time to time small freezes.

Thanks
This, like all features, will be added when someone submits a patch. Someone doesn't have to be an XBMC team member. motd2k wasn't on the team when he submitted the VDPAU patchsets for linux. You would think with that plethora of windows users there would be someone willing and able to put in the work. But then again windows...
DigitalFuture Wrote:Thanks for answering

Yes unfortunately I have XBMC installed on a Zotac Ion 330 Dual Core 1.6 I know thats part of the problem since for now XBMC doesn't have GPU acceleration capabilities like other less beautiful software I tested on it but If one day XBMC has those capabilities it will certainly be a very happy day for many persons including me.

I basically only use m720p mkv movies but even with that it has from time to time small freezes.
I suggest you start using the external player option, with MPC-HC. With a little bit of patience you can achieve a pretty seamless experience and get hardware decoding.

How to use an External Player for media playback wiki entry.
Never had any problems playing any HD contant in windows Huh (2.5Ghz Core2)
with my old athlon cpu i couldn't play 1080 content with xmbc, just 720.

but with the recent DX builds i can play my 1080 movies just fine.
it's been a great improvement...

you can try it out...
althekiller Wrote:This, like all features, will be added when someone submits a patch. Someone doesn't have to be an XBMC team member. motd2k wasn't on the team when he submitted the VDPAU patchsets for linux. You would think with that plethora of windows users there would be someone willing and able to put in the work. But then again windows...

will bring you fame, glory and many woman....
infy Wrote:will bring you fame, glory and many woman....

Yup, if a person submitted code for windows acceleration, I can practically guarantee they would crush the unbelievers, see them driven before them, and hear the lamentation of the women.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HD Content & Windows When Will The Dream Come True0