Unable to get widgets working in ShowMix
Exclamation 
Hi guys,

I am having issues with widget. I am able to use the recently added etc, but as for the giant ocean tank, or apple movies etc - the stuff in the extras folder - my skin just says can't find widget.

I looked at the logs and it looks like it is looking in the right folder, is there something I am missing?

I am using ubuntu:
2.6.28-15-generic

The latest ShowMix, as in I tried to update it today (using git-pull) and it states already up to date.
Skin version is: 2.11
MacLeod_1980 Wrote:Hi guys,

I am having issues with widget. I am able to use the recently added etc, but as for the giant ocean tank, or apple movies etc - the stuff in the extras folder - my skin just says can't find widget.

I looked at the logs and it looks like it is looking in the right folder, is there something I am missing?

I am using ubuntu:
2.6.28-15-generic

The latest ShowMix, as in I tried to update it today (using git-pull) and it states already up to date.
Skin version is: 2.11

you can now only have 10 widgets to choose from, due to the original mod pack was too large for showmix, try deleting the widgets (in extras/scrapers/) you don't use to get the list down to 10, then try.

Andy.
cheers for the response andy, I put it down to about 8 xml files, but I still get the error... any other ideas?
MacLeod_1980 Wrote:cheers for the response andy, I put it down to about 8 xml files, but I still get the error... any other ideas?

could you supply the log file from xbmc, but if you could turn on debug in system settings first.

andy.
Sure thing.. here are the logs:

http://pastebin.com/m30305d2
You had a chance to look at this andy? I myself dont see what I am doing wrong - anyone with any other ideas?
MacLeod_1980 Wrote:You had a chance to look at this andy? I myself dont see what I am doing wrong - anyone with any other ideas?

when you go into configure does it show in the available widget list ?
when I go into configure, it shows all of the widgets that I did not remove. so yes, it does show it...

hope that doesn't mean you're stumped too!
bump
I am in the same boat. I cant get widgets to work. The only one that works is the Aeon Git widget. The default one?? All the other ones dont do anything. In fact, even if trying to change the default one, nothing changes.

Gave up a long time ago.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to get widgets working in ShowMix0