Feature Request All Branches
First off great work devs getting the svn whipped back into shape build wise Smile

2nd I have a feature request. If I build debug I get rUNKNOWN. If it shows unknown and somebody needs some help and you ask them which revision and they go and look and it only says unknown then it is not helping anyone.

Also if something mucks with the source and you build on *nix it adds a "M" next to the revision #.

Can we maybe add a new flag say "D" for debug so even if it IS debug it will show revision and that it is debug so you know you can ask for logs and dumps and what not.

If Build = "Release" then
revision = revision
elseIf Bulld = "Debug" then
revision = revision&"D
elseIf IsTouched = true then
revision = revisionM
Elseif Build = "Debug" AND IsTouched = "true" then
revision = revision&"DM
end if

not sure how to explain it any other way Sad And I know "submit a patch" and if I could I would, vbscript/asp I can do, C/C++/Python I can not Sad

Might this be possible? PAAALLLEEEEEZZZZ.

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
The "M" isn't added by us, it's tagged on by svnversion if the tree isn't clean. You shouldn't be releasing binaries where the sources are modified in any way. It's a GPL violation (unless of course these "modified" sources come with it). It would be in your best interest to check the binaries for this case before posting them on-line.

Embedding the configure flags has been on my list of shit to do for awhile now, then we could log them or dump them to the console, w/e. This would give us way more useful. Of course it doesn't help win32, but I wouldn't know (or particularly care Wink) where to start with that.
You can use the following preprocessor definitions to detect RELEASE and DEBUG mode in windows build of xbmc.

_DEBUG = Debug
NDEBUG = Release

Code:
#ifdef _DEBUG
    revision = "revision ( Debug )";
#else
    revision = "revision";
#endif
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request All Branches0