Upgraded to Snow Leopard now the network shares don't work
I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6 and have experienced issues with my network drive sharing issues with my Apple TV ever since. All my network shared folder {Windows SMB) mapping to my iMac were suddenly inaccessible. I tried to readd the network shares manually in Xbmc, but getting through the folders is EXCRUCIATINGLY slow.. at least 2-3 minutes to get from folder to folder to actually access the share I want to map. Even if I am able to add the folder, accessing it later directly is painfully slow. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Thanks in advance.
Smile 
I seem to have fixed the problem by SSH'ing into the ATV and deleting the settings. I guess it just needed a clean slate. Cheers.
All of a sudden I'm seeing a similiar as well. I had wiped out my movie database to rescan my movies back in, and all of a sudden I'm not getting an SMB connection (browse source and nothing shows up). Which settings did you delete and where were they?

As a sidenote, I see up on the Apple Discussion boards a lot of talk of SL SMB problems. Some fixes were suggested to delete the .DS_Store hidden files or try wireless versus ethernet and etc. While this thread talks about an SL machine connecting out to an SMB share (i.e. maybe the new Finder is an issue?), which is opposite of my ATV connecting to my SL Mac mini media server, I may try some of the things next.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa...5&tstart=0

Anybody else connecting to a Snow Leopard machine via ethernet having SMB problems?

ATV: 3.0, Launcher 3.2a, XBMC SVN 24211, ethernet, skins - PM3, Showmix, AEON65
Mac mini 1.83GHz (media server): 10.6.1, ethernet (note: smb was setup on 10.5 and worked fine)
ATV xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/m4153dc2f
ATV console.log: http://pastebin.com/m2bc222de
tuckbodi Wrote:Anybody else connecting to a Snow Leopard machine via ethernet having SMB problems?

Same problem here. Running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 with my Xbox/XBMC and cannot connect through SMB anymore. I have deleted/re-added the shares, tried different names, created a new user, nothing works.

In addition I cannot see shared drives on my Mac with Windows 7 or Windows XP. Thanks Apple, 'preciate you breaking something that worked!

JP
Have you tried editing the source of the shares and using zero config.
It changes the connection port to 445 IIRC, and I have had not problems.

I did to a clean install on the ATV and was running the current Babylon release of XBMC prior.

I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.2 with ATV and XBMC Alpha 911
jabba_29 Wrote:Have you tried editing the source of the shares and using zero config.
It changes the connection port to 445 IIRC, and I have had not problems.

I'm gonna be tackling this again this weekend but I'm a bit lost with your tip. What exactly do you mean by "editing the source of the shares and using zero config?" Edit what and where? Thx
Did anyone ever figure out what is going on here? I am having this issue, too.

I just upgraded to Snow Leopard and my SMB shares aren't working - apparently there is an issue in SL accessing SMB and it's crazy slow speeds.

Any solutions?
Make sure you are on the latest snow leopard.

Delete the XBMC user folder off the ATV and start again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Snow Leopard now the network shares don't work0